Senior Garment Technician
Education & Experience
- Own technical development of allocated styles, collaborating with Global technical teams and Hub cross functional partners. Ensure consistency of fit across all collections.
- Guide and share technical knowledge on fitting and time management with team members.
- Compile, analyze and document clear directional fitting comments in Centric.
- Ability to evaluate garment construction and quality to identify possible risk and testing required, additional be able to provide alternative suggestion to eliminate risk.
- Responsible for upholding design intent across multi bases sizes from 1st Fit though to PP Approval. Where concerns arise act proactively providing concern and suggested solution to NY Technical and Design Team.
- Work closely with Hub sourcing and vendor to manage sample T&A - Assisting where prompt conversation with vendors & action is needed.
- Follow and asses yearly SOP set in place internally and external within the company. Making sure SOP are relevant or follow up with global partners necessary updates.
- Lead vendor accreditation training for PP and Fit Approval. Responsible to identify programs/style - Fit Approval which vendor will own self approval and PP Approval style PVH should own. Maintain seasonal score cards, coordinate with manager to provide quarterly evaluation reports to vendor technical leads.
- Build strong relationships with our vendor and cross functional partners globally.
- Lead and participate communication with global cross functional teams sharing knowledge, aiding better alignment.
- To participate and lead global projects to create and define new SOP and best practices.
Education & Experience
- Diploma or above in Technical Design, Pattern Grading or equivalent preferred
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of fitting, pattern making, grading, construction, testing and pad development experience
- Experience in managing subordinate.
- Knowledge of PLM systems Business Graphics Software: CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD preferred.
- Organized and detailed oriented, takes immediate action to resolve issues and problems.
- Calibrated mind set which builds good working relationships and leads to team building.
- Excellent communication skills able to communicate effectively across the team and organization.
- Knowledge of garment fit and ability to instruct a vendor on the garment manufacturability.
- Solid working knowledge of bonding, sewing and molding techniques, stitch properties and overall garment detail.
- Strong MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of 3D virtual fitting