A studio-based role, supporting aspects of the Technical and Development team functions. To support the end to end quality of fit and construction, maintaining required quality levels. This role reports into the Pattern Cutting and Technical Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of accurate garment construction for seasonal collections – engineered to support margin requirements and production capabilities.
- Support design in the development of product maintaining required aesthetic integrity.
- Participation in SMS fittings and pre-production fittings
- Accurate measurement of garments for fit meeting
- Accurate management of software admin and data input – fit, construction comments and size charts.
- Inspect all SMS samples. Write and issue QC report to each factory
- Product management relating to technical specification
- Identification of and management of risk attributes within garments
- Sealing and handover TPs to Production
- Participation of creation and management of product standards and manuals
- Conduct any required fabric/product testing with the laboratories
- Identify opportunities for cost engineering improvement
- Involvement in pre-show / shoot activities
- Reporting to Technical Manager to ensure efficiency of processes between departments and highlighting any concerns
- To contribute in developing Junior Garment Tech Assistant
- To build strong relationships with all manufacturers, reacting effectively if a technical issue is raised, visiting their premises when necessary in order to find solutions
- Degree level or similar
- 4+ years of experience within an apparel or related industry
- Knowledge of apparel construction & fit
- Manufacturing experience
- Fabric testing experience
- Menswear and knitwear experience would be an advantage
- MS office skills
- Initiative and drive
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Organised and efficient