At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
The Digital Workplace ("DW") Project Manager will lead the delivery of the Burberry DW portfolio for the benefit of our global workforce. Ideally you will have experience in delivering previous DW Projects including Modern Desktop, Device Management (Mac, Windows, Mobile). The IT projects run across the entire lifecycle from initiation through to closure. The Project Manager will manage project resources, stakeholders, cross functional activities and dependencies to deliver projects on time, budget and to quality, ensuring alignment to scope with closely managed risks/issues and with a focus on meeting the Burberry defined objectives.
The range of technologies, systems and business functions you will have exposure to makes this role incredibly exciting and an opportunity to grow your skillset. We are looking for high energy levels and a genuine passion to deliver to the highest standard. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Engage business functional or IT stakeholders to establish project sponsorship, and collaboratively draft project charters
- Establish project plans and initiate project mobilisation including scope, budget, resources, roles and responsibilities
- Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date project plans, continually revising to reflect changes in the project - and manage third party providers to ensure adherence to planning expectations
- Manage project financials including initial estimates, budgets and forecasts
- Create and maintain accurate Risk / Assumption / Issues / Dependencies (RAID) logs and ensure that the relevant parties are involved in addressing each factor
- Manage project resource allocation, co-ordinating resources to meet project objectives
- Engage the necessary stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Monitor and control execution of projects, whether delivered by an internal or third party team
- Provide leadership and decision making support by establishing project governance. Chair project meetings ensuring the participation of the relevant stakeholders in decision-making
- Establish and maintain change management plans and stakeholder engagement plans
- Develop delivery life cycle documentation as per the internal method requirements and governance framework
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s), and ensure that internal or third party project team members have the access to necessary tools, people, and information
- Perform project status and performance reporting during the execution, and complete project documentation upon project closure
- Facilitate project completion and transition to relevant parties for ongoing operation of the solution, or ongoing monitoring to ensure benefits realization
- Close projects and conduct lessons learned sessions - capture and document the knowledge and ensure its availability to other project managers
- Enthusiastic, passionate and driven.
- Significant project management experience on large projects (circa £1M) or programmes of work.
- Proven ability to control & plan project budgets.
- IT Domain expertise.
- Demonstrable experience of using or implementing new processes using technology.
- Proven ability to develop and build relationships and partner with senior stakeholders within the business and IT.
- Relevant Project Management experience across multiple projects in at least 3 full project life cycles, including one complex project / programme.
- Can clearly demonstrate delivery for each project phase, and link the business value created with the process and system improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management development and improvement.
- Experience in documenting requirements resulting in quality deliverables, with limited direction.
- Self-directed and independent worker who can also lead through cross-functional and cross-organisational projects.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both technical and business settings.
- Self-motivated, creative, passionate and able to acclimate into a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated interest in the creative industries, retail or consumer goods.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || ICS OPERATIONS & EMPLOYEE || n/a ||