Frontend Engineer I - 11215 Metro Pkwy
This position is responsible for designing, developing and/or integrating highly interactive digital functions and features on a multi-tiered ecommerce application across various devices. Designs and constructs large complex solutions, enterprise-level applications and features using modern JS frameworks and tools.
- Participates in all phases of the software development cycle, including development, design and testing through agile scrum process.
- Develops code through daily scrum process within each Sprint.
- Translates feature requirements into actual implementation with communication with product manager and product designer.
- Provides technical support to track down reported issues in production.
- Tests software to ensure the code is correct, fixing ("debugging") errors where they occur, and rerunning and rechecking the program until it produces the correct results.
- Assures that all user input is validated before submitting to QA.
- Collaborates with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Tracks and resolves functional defects of varying sizes and severity of non-core functionality.
- Participates in peer code reviews.
- Builds reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensures technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimizes web applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assists senior developers with operational releases and capital projects.
- Mentors and supports other colleagues on the team.
- Develops detailed technical specifications based on standards and guidelines.
- Tracks and resolves functional defects of varying sizes and severity, including core functionality.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/certifications and documented OJT
- 4+ years of experience building front-end applications and websites in a team environment
- Proficient use of advanced optimization and debugging tools
- Breakpoints, sources, networking, performance, etc.
- High level of proficiency with HTML5, CSS3, and responsive/adaptive design principles
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Good understanding of ADA principles and techniques
- Experience implementing and supporting 3rd party APIs (social media, analytics, etc)
- Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics and Dynatrace
- Familiarity with project tools: JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible
- Familiarity with development methodologies (SDLC, Agile, etc)
- Good Knowledge of Web security best practices
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Subversion and Git
- Proficient understanding of the Oracle ATG suite, including the Business Control Center
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert