Based in Milan, The Sales Manager is responsible for Account Management, managing majority of the accounts in Italy and also in Spain, Portugal and Poland, providing a comprehensive service to our EU Wholesale Partners that includes but not limited to ordering, suggestion on product assortments strategy, training and defining business driven actions.JOB DESCRIPTIONRESPONSIBILITIESAccount and Order Management
Reporting, Analytics and Financial Planning
- Manage a portfolio of Wholesale Accounts independently, with the predominate of accounts in Italy to achieve sales budget assuring consistent / high branding positioning;
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer Account Management matters;
- Know competitive sales information in those markets;
- Create growth strategies for country/account, generating new sales using existing and potential customer networks;
- Review and analyze order and provide account with direct feedback and recommendations in order to ensure order drives the right brand strategy;
- Advocate for account specific needs to drive more business;
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g quarterly sales results and annual forecasts);
- Provide in country training to staff of Wholesale partners that includes but not limited to brand history, product knowledge, styling and selling tips;
- Negotiate contracts and close commercial agreements to maximize profits;
- Attending Sales Meetings and Product Training.
- Strong functional skills and systems expertise; ability to run and analyze data, identify takeaways, and next steps to drive and change business.
- Implement these changes with the accounts. Identify ways to work more efficiently and build these tools and models to support business needs.
- Follow up with accounts and team members independently.
- Work closely with the planning team on driving and owning POS sales plans, OTB and account level inventory management and reflect different factors that affect planning (new stores, category penetration, renovation plans, sale targets) in figures.
- Partner with Merchandising and wholesale partners in assortment planning, order roll-up, achieving global buy breadth/depth and OTB targets;
- Liaise with cross functional teams to ensure product and investment will support sales targets;
- Recommends new products and services by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled.
Business Development (new store opening, approved new market)
- Working in the showroom and run balance markets virtually;
- Identify topics and teams to meet with during market (buy);
- Prepare account specific ad hoc analyses and supporting documents;
- Lead all meetings with Wholesale Partners;
- Manage timelines and communication between office and wholesale partners;
- Own order updates, reconciliation, and relevant buy sheet files necessary for Merchandising, Production, Customer Service, and wholesale partners under tight timelines and time zones.
- Make recommendation and able to negotiate with account around opportunities in existing market development;
- Be an expert on retail in new market: know competitive landscape, have an idea of current trends and potential future shifts in territories;
- Follow up on all new account set up: logistics, shipping, billing, etc
- Manage and coach Sales Associates and Assistants;
- Develop members on immediate team: functional skills, people management, professional growth;
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Ensure in-season monthly shipping targets are met and manage risks and opportunities with Planning and Logistics team;
- Overseeing shipment process ensuring the Brand is correctly represented through a valuable product assortment;
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Degree holder in relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 3-5 years EU / ME markets Wholesale experience.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter;
- Strong planning, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen and wholesale numerical sense, detailed minded with strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and advanced in Excel.
- Excellent command in English & Italian, knowledge of other European languages a plus.
- Able to travel, domestic and international.
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Disability Accommodation
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .