an American luxury brand known for beautiful, timeless pieces and rich storytelling that evokes optimism and joy. Tory is a fashion designer who draws inspiration from her parents' effortless style, the worlds of travel, art and interiors, and women globally. The collections include ready-to-wear, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, home and beauty. Empowering women is the company's guiding principle, underpinning the design philosophy and company culture, and driving the work of the Tory Burch Foundation. You are
seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today! Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
You are a highly motivated and experienced attorney looking to build and implement a best-in-class global compliance program for the company's growing business. You will drive all aspects of developing and maintaining a compliance program, including drafting and facilitating roll-out of company policies, developing controls and standard operating procedures, overseeing creation and roll-out of compliance related communications and trainings, conducting investigations and managing all compliance related matters, and providing advice and counsel to business units. You will provide the business with the knowledge, tools, and support to effectively identify and mitigate compliance-related risks and promote a culture of ethics and integrity. A Day in the Life:
The typical day is... atypical. You might...
To Land This Role:
- Oversee all areas of compliance, including but not limited to business ethics and code of conduct, anticorruption and fraud, conflicts of interest, privacy, antitrust, sanctions and trade, health and safety, and retail specific regulations and policies.
- Manage all aspects of policy development, roll-out, and maintenance, including communications and trainings for business teams. Work closely with cross-functional partners to facilitate new policy implementation and updates.
- Translate legal standards into practical compliance guidelines and work to develop business-facing standard operating procedures. Perform internal assessments and identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct internal investigations and audits, driving data collection and analysis, preparing interview outlines, and completing investigation reports.
- Monitor and analyze regulatory developments and best practices in compliance for retail operations.
- Provide leadership and support to ensure the business is conducted in compliance with company policies and values as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage outside counsel in compliance related matters.
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
- 10+ years relevant work experience in both a law firm and in-house legal department for retail company
- Experience in building compliance programs
- Experience in conducting and overseeing investigations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of retail operations, including supply chain operations
- Knowledge of compliance standards and policies that relate specifically to the retail industry
- Proactive in identifying gaps and appropriate solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize, and manage complex projects
- Decisive, works independently, but escalates appropriately
- Work closely with cross-functional and cross-regional teams
- Sound legal judgment and commercial awareness.
- JD from ABA-accredited, nationally recognized law school and admission to the New York bar preferred
Our Legal team is a collaborative group of attorneys and critical thinkers with distinct areas of expertise from employment law and intellectual property to copyright, contracts and compliance. As strategic thought partners, our mission is to protect our brand and our assets around the world while ensuring that our company is in full compliance with the law and meets our own high ethical standards for doing business. If you want to be part of a hard-working, close-knit team that cares about the big picture and the fine print, come join us!How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Disability Accommodation
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com . NYC COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Tory Burch requires new hires employed in New York City to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the order of the Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene to Require COVID19 Vaccination in the Workplace. Tory Burch provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).