Senior Manager, Retail Excellence
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 22 Jun 2022
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced retail professional to join our global Retail Excellence team which forms part of the wider Commercial function at Burberry. Responsible for managing the implementation and success of commercial retail and training programmes, in partnership with central and regional Retail teams and Store Managers.
The main purpose of the Senior Manager of Retail Excellence is to provide our global network of regional and retail teams with the relevant programmes, support, inspiration and tools to drive sales and KPIs in line with the Retail business strategy. This includes working on the ground with store teams across the 6 regions predominantly in our focus doors, and partnering with central teams like Commercial Strategy & Performance, Retail Operations, Client & CRM, merchandising, VM and Digital to identify and unlock opportunities to improve commercial performance in our stores.
- Partner with central and regional teams like Retail Training and Retail Operations to implement consistent, world-class luxury standards across all service and selling propositions - including; Client Journeys (R.TCE), Appointment Rituals, Digital apps (HERO, Qudini), and Clienteling tools in collaboration with Client & CRM.
- Work closely with central & regional Retail teams on the end-to-end delivery of our focus doors strategy to drive revenue and targets across specific KPIs:
o Collaborate with regions to identify Retail Excellence needs across all markets, using both data and store-based observations to inform action plans
o Travel to regions to support Sales Teams, Training Managers, Store Managers, Department Managers to influence a commercial mindset on the shop floor through a focus on improving skills, performance driving feedback and consistent follow up on specific targets and actions plans
o Lead by example as a brand ambassador of Retail Excellence both on and off the shop floor
o Continue to grow the global focus doors community of Retail teams driven by one vision and a set of shared goals
o In partnership with the Retail Training Content Designers, create inspiring and informative retail facing content and tools that provide clear and relevant guidelines and expectations needed to elevate
skills and drive performance
o Partner with regions to plan and lead successful store execution through strategic and practical actions during store visits
o Partner with Commercial Strategy to define and share metrics for success and provide weekly & monthly communications and business-driving analysis
o Identify and communicate to central stakeholders and regional teams both mid/long-term strategic solutions and quick-win tactical opportunities to improve results
o Provide ad-hoc guidance and support to regional and store teams, being recognised
- Drive innovation and excellence, using data analysis, regional & store feedback, and competitor benchmarking to optimise the focus door prograAmme
- Influence relevant stakeholders around the business to make decisions that are deeply rooted in improving the Retail teams' and Clients' experience
- Support Retail Excellence team colleagues on other major programmes where needed
- Participate as a key contributor in annual Retail conference, creating content strategy and execution plans to drive effective implementation in regional roll-out phase
- Relevant Retail experience, ideally with a mixture of in store, regional and office-based roles responsible for implementing commercial retail and training programmes to drive business performance
- Experience in a regional role managing multiple stores is a significant plus
- Experience as a people leader with direct reports
- Confident communicator with senior stakeholders and cross-functional collaboration with a variety of teams including Merchandising, Client Engagement, Commercial Analysts
- Strong ability to gauge and balance requirements of senior retail members with the practical reality of a store environment
- Proven skills in retail programme design and delivery across different formats - including print, presentation, digital platforms and video
- Experienced public speaker, facilitating retail programmes and workshops to both small and large-scale audiences
- Strong command of Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint and other MS tools
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert