Opex Senior Accountant
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
- Execution of RTR transactions.
- Reconciliation, review and approval of RTR balances.
- Preparation and review of RTR reports.
- Responsibility for Opex Functions assigned including any direct reports
- Responding for a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- Line Manager for accountants, providing support and review of all work
- Provide regular feedback on performance of Accountants.
- Ensure compliance with the Group Policies, including operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Role may require work on some weekends/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
- Apply understanding of assigned accounting processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures.
- Work closely with the process owners, colleagues and managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
- Proactively seek feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and use this to inform future delivery of services.
Qualifications & Experience
- Studying towards Professional accounting qualification i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar.
- Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance to those reporting to them, rather than rely on their own technical skill set. Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes.
- SAP training and certification is a plus.
- +3 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Experience in application of IFRS and UK GAAP is required.
- Retail or FMCG industry experience preferred.
- Experience of BPC an advantage.
- Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is a plus.
- Worked within a multicurrency environment; understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results is a plus.
- Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is a plus.
- Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets
- Ability to build strong relationships, both with the wider Finance team and throughout BBS.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Observes and champions corporate policies and business values.
- Thinks conceptually and identifies and addresses future challenges and opportunities, often in an ambiguous environment.
- Needs to be comfortable in 'dealing with the numbers' - i.e. able to extract strategic themes and trends, compare and convert figures across the group and use high-level figures to make decisions
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||