Vestiaire Collective is the leading global platform for desirable pre- loved fashion. We transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future, by empowering a community to drive change. Encouraging consumers to join the circular economy as the sustainable alternative to throw-away fashion, the platform is unique due to its highly engaged community, its rare desirable inventory and its authenticity and quality control process. Launched in Paris in October 2009, Vestiairecollective.com has close to 15 million members across 80 countries worldwide with offices in cities Paris, New York, Berlin, Hong Kong, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Ho Chi Minh City and Tokyo.
Our values have built our success and made us who we are as a fast-growing company because we think collective: we work with style, with entrepreneurial spirit and with passion. We currently have a diverse global team of 650 employees representing more than 50 nationalities. Our values are community, activism, transparency, dedication and greatness. We are proud to be a BCorp.
We are hiring a Data Engineer and you'll create and innovate the Vestiaire Collective Data Platform in collaboration with our Technical Leads, BI Engineers and Architects About the role
This is a full-time role based out of our Singapore office reporting to the CTO. What you'll do
Who you are
- Co-creating and continuously developing the technical architecture of the Vestiaire Collective Data Platform
- Implementing data ingestion strategies for diverse data sources, such as internal databases, third-party sources, user data trackers
- Managing the Data Platform setup on infrastructure side, including managing the Data cloud account, setting up and managing instances, managing computing and storage capacity within budget constraints
- Guiding Data Warehouse developers with their ETL implementations, pointing to optimal technical solutions to data transformation objectives
- Working closely with Data Scientists to ensure smooth and quick implementation of algorithms in production
- Implementing tools for task scheduling, data quality controls, stability monitoring and alerting
- Continuous learning and staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the data technology space in order to keep the team ahead of the curve
What we offer
- 2+ years of working experience, including work with relational databases, Hadoop, NOSQL and/or cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS)
- Educational background in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or other engineering fields
- Solid understanding of database concepts and experience with data processing tools (SQL, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Scala - and curiosity to learn others
- Creative approach toward problem solving, passion for exploring new technologies
- Experience with real-time / stream computing technologies is a plus (e.g. Flink, Storm, Spark Streaming)
- You do not need to be micromanaged; to accomplish team and company goals, you can wear multiple hats and pickup new technologies and languages.
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our fashion activist community.
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion and promote sustainability
- Flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to create impact in a high growth environment
- The possibility to work as part of a global diverse team with more than 50 nationalities
- 2 days to help Project - reinforcing your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- Investment in your learning and growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package