Buyer & Merchandiser, Omni-Channel EUME
- Tory Burch
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 1 Nov 2022
- Entry Level / Assistant
An opportunity to join a rapidly expanding fashion and lifestyle brand as a Buyer & Merchandiser EUME on multiple product categories. Your main role will be to contribute to the increased sales and profitability of the department, through planning and delivering a balanced and cohesive range into stores and on site, that reflects the Brand vision, emerging trends and market needs. You will also support the business through the provision of accurate and commercially aware retail analysis and information.
- Seeks and understands the brand; its values and vision. Is also aware of strategies for the department/brand and ensures these are continually delivered;
- Strong awareness of the financial targets and understands how they are to be delivered;
- Constantly reviews the market and external competitors, through regular comp shops, store visits and research, to ensure the collection that is delivered to market is appropriate - reacting where necessary;
- Own the pre-season strategy, planning and in-season trading of the business
- Manage the buy end to end process across Retail and Ecommerce. Drive the vision of the brand forward, fulfilling consumer demands and maximizing commercial opportunities.
- Influencing and delivering on in-season and future collection needs based on trade, trend and market requirements.
- Define the carryover strategy and product lists by category. Working with Planning, brand and product teams to ensure the offer is reviewed continuously and updated when relevant.
- Ensure trade proactivity through analysis of figures and identifying trends, implementing strategies that mitigate risks. Evaluating and cancelling orders /production based on changes in performance and market conditions.
- Closely collaborates with cross-functional partners such as wholesale, retail, CRM, PR and marketing;
- Further develops the relationship with Corporate (New York), sharing our results and requirements (exclusives, events, training) to generate additional sales and to impact the development of the future collections;
- Develops the junior members of the team using effective delegation, raising their level of competency & guiding them in a best practice approach;
- Raises the profile of the Buying & Merchandising team within the business, representing the department in meetings and always presenting the department in a positive and professional manner;
- Able to travel globally; buys, store visits, market visits.
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Previous experience in luxury / high end corporate fashion retail in buying/merchandising roles;
- Strong communication skills; strong English verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A fast learner, able to work independently and cross-functionally in a fast -paced and dynamic environment;
- Someone who uses initiative with a hands-on approach and the ability to prioritize;
- A balance of creativity and commercial acumen;
- Has a strong fashion eye and passion for product;
- Shows continual awareness of the Regional customer profile and reflects this in all activities and decisions;
- Strong IT and Analytical skills; Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel skills required, must be comfortable handling and manipulating large data sets;
- Advanced skills in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint. Able to quickly learn other Company's tool;
- Leads by example and is a strong role model for the team and junior members. Motivates the team and others through a positive mindset;
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation and ownership. Consistently showing a reliable, mature and confident attitude;
- A team player who is focused on delivering results;
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert