PR Assistant - Ethical Fashion
Wolf & Badger is on a mission to make retail fair. Working to support our community of 1000+ independent designers from around the globe, we connect customers with ethically sourced fashion, design, home and beauty through our online marketplace and flagship stores in London, SoHo New York and soon to launch on Melrose Avenue in West Hollywood.
We are a rapidly growing scale-up business, now entering an exciting new phase of growth and looking to expand our team of c.130 people currently located between London, Málaga, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. We are a Certified B Corporation, with social and environmental purpose at the core of everything we do, read more about us here.
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated fashion PR Assistant based in Los Angeles, California to support and take a proactive role on a full-time basis within the Wolf & Badger PR & Events team. This role will include duties across PR, Partnerships, Events and general brand marketing support in California, working closely with other departments in Los Angeles alongside PR and marketing colleagues in London and New York.
The successful candidate will:
- Create and design exciting trend-led press content to be distributed to industry
- Ideate creative and on-brand event concepts that support Wolf & Badger growth in the US market
- Create unique and interesting brand partnerships
- Coordinate and respond to press requests
- Forge long lasting relationships with press and influencers
- Assist the PR team in the daily running of the PR office in New York and London
- Liaise with Wolf & Badger designers
- Update databases, conduct industry research, create image libraries, monitor coverage and more
- Have at least 1 year PR experience working in the fashion industry, with business and technology experience a bonus
- Have a genuine interest in fashion, including independent designers
- Be motivated and enthusiastic
- Have familiarity with the organization of press reports and press clippings
- Demonstrate solid understanding of and ongoing interest in media relations and strategy
- Be able to identify communication opportunities through a proactive approach
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines
- Excel at prioritization and time management
- Be extremely well-organized, methodical and efficient, with strong initiative
- Possess strong writing and communication skills
- Competitive salary of $40k
- Generous health insurance contribution
- Generous vacation/PTO allotment
- Excellent career opportunities in a rapidly growing international business
- Creative work environment in West Hollywood with hybrid working options
- ClassPass membership for exercise classes, wellbeing activities and beauty treatments
- Paid 'pet-ernity' and heartbreak leave
- Discounts across Wolf & Badger, online and in-store
Wolf & Badger is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.