Creative Design Manager
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Under the direction of the Head of Creative, and in alignment with the business overarching strategy and brand identity, you will oversee and manage our forward-thinking Creative Design team, delivering visuals that reflect the Childrensalon aesthetic and creative flair to all areas of the business.
This role will be hybrid with some remote working and some days based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells.
- Managing and developing the Creative Design team, delegating work and ensuring all tasks are completed within deadlines.
- Mentoring team members to develop and grow within their careers and play a key role in building out our in-house design capabilities.
- Developing and implementing successful design strategies for the continual creation and improvement of brand and marketing design.
- Offering ways to improve asset management, workflow and inter-team processes, as well as all other intern processes to improve efficiency and foster creativity.
- Championing and guarding Childrensalon’s visual guidelines across all platforms and mediums, adapting the right tone for the different channels based on established needs and strategy.
- Creating engaging designs that feels authentic and relatable to our customer base and their lives as families and emphasises our brand values.
- Suggesting innovative ideas to bring Childrensalon to life across our channels, driving customer growth and brand awareness in all targeted international territories.
- Working together with the Production and Images teams to create inspiring and innovative visuals for campaigns and marketing collateral.
- Working closely with the wider Creative and Marketing teams to ensure consistent and impactful campaign execution.
- Presenting design concepts to higher management and key stakeholders to inspire, build understanding and excitement.
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of Childrensalon house standards for all in-house design work.
- A modern design aesthetic and a love of all things graphic design, particularly within brand, typography and advertising.
- A brilliant eye for innovative ideas and trends.
- A deep technical knowledge of the complete design process from brainstorming to end result.
- Thorough understanding and appreciation of brand and its connection to the user.
- Continuous monitoring and understanding of the fashion luxury industry, global retail environment and e-commerce trends.
- People management experience with focus on fostering a creative environment.
- Deep understanding of all departmental strategies, tools and systems to ensure alignment with overall brand messaging and business objectives.
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative.
- Able to articulate ideas clearly to non-designers in order to build momentum and excitement.
- Ability to give and receive critical feedback in a team environment.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.