Pattern and Atelier Manager
COS is a fashion brand for women and men who want timeless, modern, functional and considered design. Offering reinvented classics and wardrobe essentials, we create pieces that are made to last beyond the season. Since launching in 2007 we have opened stores in over 40 countries worldwide, all in carefully considered locations, applying a design concept that preserves the buildings’ original features whilst creating a modern, contemporary space.
Are you passionate about pattern making and product development? Are you an inspiring communicator able to collaborate with multiple departments? Are you driven by team spirit, quality, sustainability, and a constant desire to improve?
If so, this could be the role for you. We are now looking for a Pattern and Atelier Manager to join our Menswear Pattern Team.
This role will report into the Head of Menswear and is offered on a Full Time Permanent contract.
As the Pattern and Atelier Manager, you secure the best patterns and fits for COS and our customers. You lead the Pattern and Atelier team with a clear vision and set targets while having the customer in mind. You will oversee the overall strategy of the Atelier, contributing to the long-term business strategy.
What you will do:
- Lead to achieve the best fit and make for your department, constantly looking out for new developments and silhouettes
- Oversee and support the creation of high-quality patterns, fit, mock-ups, toiles, and samples.
- Responsible for Grading updates, Castor/Lectra licenses, dress-stand orders, block development
- Build and support one harmonious system, maintaining a smooth and efficient information- and work-flow through Design, Pattern, Atelier, and Production teams on Womenswear and Menswear
- Support the critical path across all departments and maintain familiarity with deadlines, with Atelier Coordinator
- Lead and grow your Pattern and Atelier Team to grow the business, guiding through the whole employee life cycle (recruitment, performance, dialogue, development, exits)
- Manage and support the Atelier Coordinator, Menswear Pattern Cutters, Technologists
- Work closely with Design, Print Design, Buying and Quality/Material, to reach the ideal product demands and provide feedback
- Guide, involve, inspire, and develop your Pattern and Atelier team, motivating and challenging them to act with competence, confidence, and bravery to reach high quality product standards
- Practice good time management to deliver patterns and samples to the critical path
- Source, recruit, book all required staff for the Atelier, in collaboration with the Atelier Coordinator
- Collaborate with Design and Buying teams to set clear expectations for Atelier sample production in the coming season, including timelines and allocated volumes for each department
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships between Buying, Design, Pattern, Atelier, Production, Global Research & Development team, and Suppliers
- Adapt strategies to the changing needs of different teams, identify areas for improvement
- Strive to constantly improve the results of the Pattern team and Atelier by reacting to feedback and data
- Extensive experience working as a pattern cutter across Woven, Jersey, Knitwear.
- Genuine interest and passion for menswear.
- Experience working as an Atelier manager or coordinator.
- Genuine interest and passion for COS menswear.
- CAD experience essential, Lectra and CLO preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of garment construction and pattern cutting skills.
- Ability to identify problems and take responsibility to find solutions.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- An excellent eye for detail, shape, and proportion.
- Excellent leadership skills.
Why choose COS?
When you first join COS we will give you a full training plan and access to our E-Learning tool.
In addition to this you will also receive some fantastic benefits including;
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted gym membership
Over the last 10 years we have carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and modern; choosing longevity over passing trends.
We set the bar high at COS; we are committed to recruiting great people, offering an environment where talent is recognised and valued. We believe that a diverse workforce plays an important role in the success of COS. We celebrate individual differences and appreciate the contribution that all our colleagues make.