Head of Sponsorship & Digital Sales
3 days left
- Contract Type
Reporting to the President of Fashion, the Head of Sponsorship & Digital Sales has overall responsibility for managing the strategy and growth of live event sponsorships, sponsored content and digital product sales, as well as new business opportunities for the Fashion portfolio. This individual will bring a robust understanding of the fashion industry and events space and will be financially savvy to ensure thoughtful decisions are made leading to the growth digital and sponsorships. They will be skilled at developing strong relationships that may lead to developing the business through partnerships both short and long term. They will be comfortable with taking calculated risks, have strong analytical skills, culturally savvy with the ability to lead in a cross-functional, matrix environment. To be successful in the role, this leader will need a high level of strategic planning, agility, and the ability to work with colleagues and clients throughout the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the discovery, development and implementation of new opportunities for the business related to live event and digital content sponsorship development
- Partner with industry and consultancy stakeholders to determine market needs and create vetted growth proposals
- Partner closely with executive leadership team and finance to establish sales growth strategies as it relates to sponsorship opportunities for the businesses
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key opportunities
- Support the team by mentoring and nurturing them to enhance their existing relationships while sourcing new leads
- Lead the team to identify upsell opportunities for sales reps to pitch their accounts and effectively close deals
- Manage the team’s budget and cost of sales, effectively targeting sponsorship activity in relation to customer value, ensuring a high profit margin on costs vs. price charged
- Lead development of sales campaigns, team account allocations and define individual team members sponsorship targets
- Lead sales campaign execution, including targeting, pipeline management, deal closing and accurate reporting of sponsorship performance
- Represent the DNA of the show brands, by being market-facing and defining the value propositions (its “brand,”) and delivering sponsorship opportunities that drive strong long-standing relationships with the event’s paid partners
- Partner with marketing, marketing automation and data teams to achieve success and reinforce successful sponsorships for scalable and profitable growth
- Engage with and understand potential sponsors to understand their objectives so you can deliver value
- Partner with the Commercial leaders to evolve, design and implement sponsorships and new ideas for their events, both digital and in person, resulting in enhanced revenue, profitability, growth, competitive advantage and customer outcomes. Focus on accelerating growth and improving margins
- Support the development of new sponsorship opportunities both live and digital
- Work closely with the Experience and Operations and Digital Product teams on planning and executing sponsorships
- 5-7 years’ minimum experience in the live event business and/or media/digital sales (fashion industry preferred)
- 5+ years in sponsorship and/or new business sales
- 3+ years selling sponsored content, digital advertising or digital products
- 3+ years of experience successfully managing dynamic teams leading to growth
- 2+ years’ experience in budget management a plus
- Proven success working in matrixed organizations and influencing internal stakeholders, services and platforms
- Comfortable with traveling for work up to 20% of year
- You are highly organized, articulate and responsive in communications, eloquent in the written and spoken word and able to build strong business relationships.
- Problem solving – you balance stakeholder needs while maintaining brand and business objectives.
- Strong culture builder with a good eye for talent and able to develop and motivate staff.
- Out of the box thinking: You are willing to challenge norms and come up with fresh ideas and approaches
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.