Tiffany & Co. is currently seeking a Scrum Master - Digital Commerce to support the IT team in New York, New York. This Scrum Master will be responsible for driving the team as they develop product features and required maintenance for Tiffany.com. They will coach the team on the agile framework and ceremonies, clearing roadblocks and keeping the team organized and focused on defining, developing, and delivering the customer experience for new innovative digital initiatives as well as the required IT maintenance for Tiffany.com.
- Guiding the digital commerce teams to organize and improve agile/scrum practices and values, increasing productivity and overall team satisfaction. Assessing the scrum maturity of the team and coaching team members to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and removing impediments or coaching the team to self-organize to remove impediments.
- Being the sprint stage gate in the pre-sprint, during sprint, and post sprint phases ensuring that all necessary requirements are being provided, milestone dates are met, and continuous feedback is being provided.
- Leading, coordinating, facilitating and/or guiding all sprint ceremonies, depending on the meeting. These ceremonies include, the daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint demo, sprint retrospective and back lock grooming.
- Own the JIRA & Confluence systems with regards to process flows, Kanban boards, clean-up activities, maintenance and organization of documentation, transparency and reporting, and the research and implementation of tools and plug-ins to improve efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Business Management, and/or relevant experience
- 6+ years of experience working with agile software development teams consisting of both onsite and offshore resources
- 2 years preferred experience working as a Scrum Master
- Experience in agile / scrum development methodologies and tools (Jira / Confluence preferred)
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to partner and liaison between business users and a technical development team
- Sensitivity to the multi-cultural characteristics of a global IT organization
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project
- Certified Scrum Master Training
- Experience in multiple technology platforms (eCommerce, order management systems, analytics, CRM, email service providers, CMS, image repository, data warehouse, etc.)
- Experience in retail, eCommerce and omni-channel delivery