Business Analyst - Retail Operations
The Business Analyst - Retail Operations is to gather business requirements to support development and improvements of business applications. This role is responsible for developing a deep knowledge of supported business areas, conducting business requirement sessions, detailing current and to-be process flows and crafting detailed requirements documents to support development. In addition, this role will support testing by crafting test cases and assisting with the quality assurance process.
- Document to understand and examine business processes using user roles, use cases, edit rules, wireframes and other system specifications in detail.
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions with business users and subject matter experts while providing mentorship in formulating new requirements and improving business processes by coming up with creative and alternative approaches to solving business problems.
- Guide scope and user expectations by ensuring requirements can be met within existing project budgets and timeframes and assist Project Managers in the management of project deadlines and schedules.
- Identify and understand business strategy, issues and opportunities to assist business partners in identifying and prioritizing new initiatives and capabilities.
- Partners with other IT groups and/or business users to ensure business requirements are met, including problem resolution and systems testing.
- Assists in developing test cases and participates in the quality assurance process to ensure that requirements are accurately implemented.
- Assists in producing user training documentation and works with the business to train users.
- Bachelor's degree and/or meaningful experience
- 1+ years of experience as an IT Business Analyst
- Proven experience detailing use cases and functional requirements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong intuition for business
- Experience with Retail Point of Sale applications (e.g. Cegid, NCR, etc.)
- Experience with Order Management applications (e.g. Sterling, etc.)
- Experience with omni-channel support and enablement
- Solid Understanding of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project
- Retail experience a plus
- Application Design
- Project Management
- Experience designing and supporting retail applications
- Experience with project management tool (e.g. Jira)