Intern, Finance- LatAm
Overview: The Finance Intern will support the Finance & Business Development Department while learning about a career in finance. Regular duties and responsibilities will include, generating and analyzing reports, preparing statements, entering data, consolidating data for the region, and assisting with proformas.
- Support sustainable growth in Latin America region with financial analysis, what-if scenarios, pro-forma studies, key performance indicators reporting to LATAM leadership team.
- Data Mining to support variance analysis/explanations for the Latin America and Caribbean region. Provide necessary information for benchmark analysis to other stores in other countries such as US and Europe, analyze historical trends, and compare findings as needed. Control marketing expenses. Assure all business units are closing on time with no missing entries (such as monthly accruals).
- Assist on the preparing presentations/reports to senior management on a monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc basis.
- Assist on communication and knowledge transfer of operation and finance KPIs to Latin America and Caribbean team.
- Support on preparing capital and profit planning for all business units and assist on the consolidation of the capital and profit planning process for the region. Support profit planning (P&L by store) to address target KPIs of each store (such as average ticket, transaction).
- Assist/Support on special projects such as SKU margin analysis, price elasticity assessment, trade versus retail analysis, and pro-forma financial analysis for new stores in the region.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be discrete due to exposure of highly confidential client information
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a team environment
- Positive attitude to achieve goals and deliver results
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Hyperion and SAP Business Intelligence knowledge
- Passion for Luxury Brands