At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
An new opportunity to join our wholesale team as a Market Manager. In this role you will be responsible for effectively and efficiently managing all aspects of the wholesale showroom sales campaign across both London and Paris showrooms.
- Prepare budget by customers, attend product training and train seasonal showroom staff.
- Sell or support selling activities during market following Global Buy and Key Merchandising Strategy to drive qualitative and quantitative sales.
- Manage the overall budget of the area of responsibility, prepare forecast and update on a regular basis Senior Account Manager on the result of the market.
- Liaise with Customer Operations for post-market activities and produce final sales analysis of the season.
- Review outstanding units/cancellations/retiming reports and decide substitution for cancellations.
- Manage and approve (when applicable) client returns and stock swaps.
- Build strong relationships with customers ensuring long-term partnerships.
- Monitor sales and sell through across customers (prepare monthly reports).
- Facilitate marketing opportunities, selling contests and specific Visual Merchandising initiatives.
- Coach and educate customers on brand and product knowledge.
- Visit customers to review sales performance, merchandising and VM standards.
- Drive and grow in season sales.
- Identify future potential customers, present collections/strategies.
- Support Store development for the execution of new and refurbished POS.
- Work closely with Corporate Merchandising team, discuss product performance, market trends and design feedback and needs of the market.
- Manage the Account Executive and temp staff (line management).
- English and language of the country they deal with (UK based positions one role German and one role Spanish speakers between 4 Manager and 3 executives).
- Computer literate.
- Proven track record of managing key wholesale accounts in a similar luxury environment or previous experience gained in a front of house retail role
- Proven track record managing and developing people.
- Experience working within a Showroom
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert