An opportunity to join a rapidly expanding fashion and lifestyle brand a Senior Planning Manager across multiple business units and product categories. The main focus will be to lead the increased sales and profitability of the planning department via forecasting and merchandise financial planning.JOB DESCRIPTIONRESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Seeks and understands the brand; its values and vision. Is also aware of strategies for the department/brand and ensures these are continually delivered.
- Develop together with the Snr. Director the overall financial strategies that reflect the changing business, store and site demands.
- Understand key sales, margin and profitability drivers and pro-actively undertake analysis to support driving profitable sales and margin improvement across all Business units and categories.
- Drive the review of monthly performance with the Snr. Director and Leadership, providing analysis and advice to improve commercial decision making.
- Ownership for all forecast, budget and 3YP outputs, supporting the insight to the leadership team into pivotal initiatives, key assumptions and risk and opportunities within the plan.
- Maintain all category WSSIs to manage in season open-to-buys by re-projecting the balance of the season after actualizing each month, minimizing seasonal terminal stock & cancellations.
- Support the business to exit terminal stock in the most sustainable and profitable way.
- Find opportunities to reduce and optimize markdown spend across long term planning and in season trading decisions. Focus on increasing FP targets and ST.
- Responsible for all planning and forecasting of sales to gross profit, including buy margin and markdown phasing for the business units, working closely with the merchandising and buying teams to deliver a robust financial plan.
- Lead the planning for stock and space requirements across the Regional DCs.
- Coach, train, support, challenge and lead direct reports to maintain high levels of performance and working practices.
- Drive the relationship with Corporate (New York), ensuring all financial strategies are executed and managed across the Region - FP, OP and WHSL.
- Raises the profile of the Planning team within the business, representing the department in meetings and always presenting the department in a positive and professional manner.
- Ensure all Company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Travel needs globally; store and market visits.
How will success be measured?
- Extensive experience in financial planning, with a sound understanding of product and commercial needs.
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem solving skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A strong leader with excellent people management experience in coaching and development of a team at different experience levels.
- Confident, assertive, persuasive team player - able to build and develop strong relationships with other internal teams and external partners.
- Innovative commercial thinker - supporting business efficiency, improvements and growth requirements.
- Able to show commercial aptitude. Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator/presenter.
- A fast learner, able to work independently and cross functionally in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Someone who uses initiative with a hands-on approach and the ability to prioritise.
- Strong communication skills; strong English verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Delivering against financial KPIs.
- Bi Annual Performance Reviews.
- Ability to build solid relationships within the Company.
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Disability Accommodation
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .