Accounts Receivable Associate
The Business of Fashion is seeking an Accounts Receivable Associate to work with us on a part-time basis focusing on the collection of cash, ensuring timely payments are made, processing incoming funds, reconciling invoices and resolving account queries. This role will report to the Finance Controller.
You will be able to work very flexibly in this role with the option to work from home, or come into our current office spaces in Central London, or a hybrid of the both. We can also offer flexibility around which days you will work.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Build effective relationships with all levels of the Business Development Team to agree optimal process is specified and followed.
- Work collaboratively with customers to ensure we have a clear understanding of their approval and payment processes, and that they have all relevant information on a timely basis to ensure prompt payment. Providing them with any additional information needed and resolving queries.
- Follow up on all balances owing, and make all payments are made within the credit terms.
- Track incoming payments & compile the weekly Collections Reports to be shared with Senior Stakeholders across the business.
- Reconcile all payments coming in.
Who you are:
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and build solid relationships across the business.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to spot even the smallest details and inaccuracies.
- Personable, approachable, responsive, and enthusiastic.
- Results oriented, able to prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to better influence stakeholders.
- Xero accounting software experience is advantageous but not essential.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You maintain progress on improving aged receivables and prompt cash collection.
- You have built a collaborative relationship with our Commercial team.