Assistant Lifestyle Designer
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want to be. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Designer to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by bringing your passion for the Lifestyle category to drive design at Sweaty Betty forward and continue to meet the expectations of our customer.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
- Have a good understanding of the customer and her lifestyle, and be aware of any new fashion, fitness or lifestyle trends that she may be engaged in.
- Carry out seasonal trend and technical research to ensure ranges are continually evolving and always world class.
- Participate in all relevant design meetings Together with the rest of the design team create seasonal mood boards, colour palettes, key element boards in line with seasonal theme and present them to the product team counterparts.
- Work together with raw materials team to develop and source fabrics and trims relevant for the end use of the selected ranges, adding newness and improving the existing product offer.
- Design stylish, trend relevant, premium and performance product ensuring that the boundaries are pushed creatively to continue to set us ahead of the competition.
- Use Illustrator to create design tech packs.
- Work with the buying team during the process to design the ranges within option framework.
- Be aware of and contribute to the delivery of business targets.
- Work with suppliers to ensure the 1st protos are correct and ready to present to the Directors for final sign off.
- Develop samples to 2nd Sample stage with Tech and Buyer to ensure aesthetic is achieved within price and technical constraints.
- Along with the buying team manage the development aspects of critical path effectively to ensure all deadlines are meet.
- To take on ad hoc projects or other responsibilities as appropriate.
- Minimum 2 years' experience
- Excellent knowledge of computer software including Adobe Suite & Microsoft office (including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, quick to respond to business needs
- Ability to balance multiple projects