Reports to: Financial Controller
- Every day the energy, creativity and passion of Manolo permeates through our business.
- We believe in the artist and the artisan; we are innovative while still protecting our heritage.
- We strive for timeless beauty and quality craftsmanship.
- We celebrate curiosity and believe in working proactively and being solution focussed.
- We believe in upholding family values; we treat everyone with honesty, respect and kindness while nurturing our teams to deliver excellence.
- We believe in making people smile.
Manolo Blahnik Americas is looking for a skilled Senior Accountant to assist in accounting, the preparation of the monthly financial reporting, and performing certain tasks related to accounts payable for our North America operations.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries and provide detailed support.
- Review and analyse transactional source data and prepare monthly balance sheet account analyses, reconciliations, and roll-forward schedules.
- Assist the Financial Controller in all tasks related to the monthly financial closing process.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and assist in the monthly accrual process.
- Assist in preparing deliverables for year-end audit and tax return preparation. Prepare ad hoc analyses as requested.
- Receive, code, and enter invoices and expense reports into the accounting system.
- Obtain approval from Department heads for incoming invoices.
- Analyze, code, and reconcile T&E, reviewing employee credit card transactions and following up on outstanding receipts.
- Assist with ACH & wire transmissions. Maintain excellent working relationships with vendors and employees in support of AP procedures, responding and following up on internal inquiries quickly and courteously.
- Maintain, update, and create new vendors in Accounting & T&E systems. Reconcile the monthly Accounts Payable subledger balance to the G/L.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting with a minimum 3 years of relevant experience CPA (or working towards a CPA) a big plus Public (Big 4) and/or private accounting experience preferred Strong financial systems skills required.
- Experience with Sage a plus, but not required Advanced Microsoft Excel (e.g., V look ups & pivot tables) and Microsoft Word skills required
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task Excellent written and verbal communications skills Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities Acute attention to detail Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and a team-player