Design & Development Coordinator
- Position works to support the Creative Director, Brand Director, and Patternmaker.
- Follow process for all categories. Not limited to, but inclusive of: Woven, Knits, Jewelry, Belts, Bags, Footwear and Collaborations.
- Supports team in seasonal trend and mood research for all categories and organize research for review with directors each season following calendar deadlines.
- Responsible for compiling and updating design boards each season under direction of Brand Director
- Attends all fittings and responsible for taking notes for Patternmakers. Assists Design team to compile and record corrections for samples received and send out corrections to all factories as needed.
- Tracks all development changes sent out to factories. Partners with Collection Coordinator to make sure samples are made correctly and within time constraints.
- Responsible for preparing all cut tickets and tracking any development packages sent by factories to NYC office.
- Supports Design Team to keep all materials organized by season and category. Should have clear understanding of this system and be able to locate materials as needed.
- Proficient use of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop necessary in order to render all designs and colorways each season for presentation, along with print development.
- Supports team with creative solutions for construction and design issues in all categories during development stage. Expected to work on this skill under direction of design team and as position grows be able to have a greater understanding of construction techniques and work independently on solutions to be presented to the team.
- In charge of general design studio up-keep and organization, including but not limited to fabric swatch classifying, sample archiving, and establishing a research library.
- Assist in identifying specific materials, color palettes, patterns and prints for the season.
- Assist in creating and distributing color cards, trim cards and pattern development sheets.
- Assist in developing flat technical sketches for design development packages, specifically hardware, jewelry and embroideries.
- Understanding of Garment Construction and Patternmaking
- Adobe Creative Suite inclusive of InDesign
- Strong sense of capabilities and proactive attitude
- Demonstration of technical and creative comprehension
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment
Personal Traits and Characteristics:
- Serve as a role model for the internal and external teams by demonstrating respect for every person, leadership skills, by taking initiatives drive for results, working comfortably in a team, and by showing desire to learn continuously
- Acute attention to detail
- Self-motivated and organization with continued check-ins and follow-ups regarding prioritization of
- outstanding projects/shipments/tasks
- Possess a positive, professional and solution-minded attitude and be willing to step up to bat even for
- unexpected roles as needed, with a pragmatic and goal-oriented approach
- Maintain a clear vision, but also be able to enter into minutiae
- Foster an open environment by sharing ideas, soliciting feedback and ideas and active listening, encouraging the exchange of ideas and helping to reach optimal and effective conclusions
- Demonstrate strong communication skills: expressing written and verbal clearly and concisely and with active listening.