Designer II, Women's Apparel
- Calvin Klein
- New York, New York, United States of America
- Closing date
- 24 Sep 2022
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Full Time
The Designer II is responsible for developing the Calvin Klein Women's Apparel lines under the direction of the Design Director.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Work with Design Director and design team to research and develop concept, color, fabrics, print and graphics and hardware designs for women's product.
- Design concepts based on merchandising plan.
- Attend fittings, and review prototypes.
- Convey all information to pertinent parties (Sourcing, Merchandising and Technical Design)
- Responsible for communicating all necessary information for the technical packages.
- Prepares design presentations for review meetings.
- Ensures timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar.
- Responsible for organizing relevant information (mill cards, files of Collections etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 7+ years design experience with extensive experience in womenswear design with a specialization in knit product.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Possess high fashion aesthetics.
- Previous experience working with Asia and Europe.
- Flexible to travel.
- High level of communication
- Illustrator/Photoshop experience
- PDM/PLM experience
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
For five decades, CALVIN KLEIN has been a cultural catalyst, creating a legacy of iconic imagery and provocative conversation while retaining its American DNA and youth-inspired designs. Our associates are a group of talented individuals with unique personalities and perspectives. At CALVIN KLEIN, we take risks, embrace differences and strive to make a positive impact on the world. Above all, we care passionately for the brand, our customer and each other. Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, CALVIN KLEIN is one of the world’s largest and most successful designer fashion brands. We are driven by our associates, creating one of the most visionary workforces in fashion. We are proud of who we are, what we do, and the future we are creating. Global retail sales of CALVIN KLEIN products exceeded $8 billion in 2017, and CALVIN KLEIN branded products are distributed in 110+ countries. CALVIN KLEIN employs a worldwide network of over 10,000 associates and operates more than 2,000 free-standing stores globally. Calvin Klein, Inc. was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
- 020 589 9888
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert