Founded in London's Notting Hill in the 1980s, J&M Davidson blends British roots with a French design sensibility. Set up by photographer and designer duo John and Monique Davidson, its pieces quickly found favour with the duo’s creative intelligentsia friends and soon with the likes of Princess Diana and Jerry Hall who were among its earliest customers. Launching its line with a single leather belt, J&M Davison soon expanded into handbags and wallets, later adding a ready-to-wear line.
J&M Davidson's palettes often adopt muted tones, but also offer surprising flashes of colour and contrasting shades. Each piece is underpinned by exceptional quality, materials, and attention to detail, but is also designed to be effortless and easy to wear, in any context.
About The Job
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Marketing team and helping us to drive J&M Davidson growth, play a pivotal role in coordination and management of J&M Davidson’s creative content, social media and PR functions. A natural storyteller, you should be creative yet analytical, with excellent copywriting skills and impeccable attention to detail.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, this role will focus on achieving maximum, quality exposure for J&M Davidson at a global level across channels. This role will also own external and internal sample movement, press requests while also providing key Marketing, support Mayfair Boutique and E-Commerce functions across the business.
- Develop and manage the global Marketing plan and calendar together with internal and external partners Oversee the Brand Marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR Regular updating and communication of the annual Marketing Calendar
- Elevate brand awareness and desirability to work with key opinion leaders, celebrities, and micro influencers
- Manage the social media strategy across all platforms
- Work with our external Digital Marketing partners to develop and oversee the CRM plan
- Working with our external PR partners to Develop and manage the media plan and partnerships, including liaising with editors, journalists, influencers and other media contacts
- Co-ordinate sample send outs and returns Liaise with warehouse to co-ordinate gifting schedule, according to our gifting strategy
- Work closely with E-Commerce Manager to provide relevant Marketing tools and content for the brand website, including appropriate seasonal imagery and flat-shot content
- Together with our external VM partners, work closely with our Flagship Store team for in-store VM guidance and seasonal window program
- Work closely with the company’s Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Define seasonal objectives with internal and external teams (eg. Digital Marketing consultant/PR)
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
- Overseeing the company’s marketing budget
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all departments are kept informed of marketing calendar and objectives
- Perform any other related duties as requested.
Other specific duties include:
- Liaise with JMD Global Marketing Team to ensure that creative assets are provided in a timely fashion Organise in-market photoshoots for UK/International usage Support in content creation for social media, paid ads, email marketing, website, flagship store and other channels as necessary
- Develop, project manage and execute integrated marketing campaigns, from campaign conception through to creative look, distribution and tracking
- Work with external and internal partners (e.g., designers, producers, copy editor etc.) to ensure flawless and efficient campaign delivery
- Maintain strong ties with Digital and Sales teams to receive real time feedback on campaign results that could improve campaign quality or quantity of leads
- Contributing to the issue of weekly reports, including social media analytics, and budget across all relevant channels
- Budget management, tracking and timely presentation of campaign metrics and ROI to CEO and the Management Board, using this data to inform future campaigns
Requirements for the Role:
- 2-3 years minimum related work experience in premium fashion sector marketing, with strong Digital Marketing/Social Media competency
- A successful track record of creating and implementing marketing campaigns that deliver measurable results
- Knowledge of relevant marketing tools and techniques, including direct-to-consumer marketing and E-Commerce marketing
- Ability to identify and develop relationships with key internal and external partners
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, good instincts for prioritization and the ability to work under a high-pressure, fast-paced
- Organized and time efficient, proven experience of meeting deadlines
- Proven ability in fostering cross-organisational teamwork and collaboration with a proactive style, engaging approach and focus on innovation
- Strong interest in fashion, fashion publishing, e-commerce, and industry trends
- Strong IT and Excel skills
- Excellent grammar and spelling
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to our application or interview processes to enable you to perform as well as possible, please notify a member of the recruitment team.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
J & M Davidson limited is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.