Senior Manager, Commercial Procurement - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 7 Nov 2022
- Senior Manager
Please note that this role is a 12 month FTC
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
• Category management for Digital , and to provide support as required across various business functions
• Delivering commercial savings and driving value from key strategic suppliers across the Digital Category
• Managing Stakeholders (Business Partnering)
• Member of Procurement Leadership Team
• Commercial and sourcing consultancy to empower the business
• Development and implementation of procurement strategies
• Work with Legal and Info-Sec to ensure quality contracts are in place with credible suppliers
• Provide regular reporting on savings, projects and supplier performance
• Take an active role in lifting the activities of the procurement team to World Class Excellence level
• Represent Commercial Procurement internally in forums such as Town Halls and Leadership meetings as well as externally at Supplier Expos and Roundtables
• Participate in ad-hoc projects to support Burberry growth providing expertise procurement input for Marketing based initiatives
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of Procurement processes and supporting implementation of agreed changes
• Extensive operational and commercial experience with Digital particularly eCommerce and CX, as well as Data and Analytics 3rd parties
• Experience of forming and managing effective Stakeholder and Supplier relationships.
• Highly commercial and numerate
• Great customer facing skills
• Line Management experience
• Ability to deliver tangible results whilst working in a challenging and ever changing environment
• Ability to face and resolve multiple issues in a collaborative manner
• Good Excel /analytical and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to flex between highly strategic thinking and 'getting the job done'
• Collaborative, pragmatically minded individual that brings others with them on a journey of cultural change
• Self-motivated, high energy level, and a positive attitude
• Comfortable working in a flexible environment, comfortable with ambiguity
• Strong negotiator, demonstrated resilience and ability to respectfully challenge while maintaining balance and warmth of professional relationships
• Flexible, prepared to get into the detail, as well as see the big picture
• Comfortable taking decisive action in a busy environment
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
• Delivery of agreed financial objectives
• Delivery of an agreed sourcing strategies with stakeholder alignment. Plans are in place and recognised and approved by the stakeholder. • Production of high quality analysis and delivery of true category 'insight'. Including feedback from the stakeholders.
• Be seen as a valued business partner by the business Stakeholders
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9024 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert