Commercial Procurement Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
• Category management for the packaging and Labels
• Engaging and managing stakeholders and suppliers
• Development and implementation of procurement strategies
• Work with Legal, APP, and CSR to ensure quality contracts are in place with credible suppliers
• Provide regular reporting on savings, projects and supplier performance particularly on relevant ESG to the category
• Take an active role in lifting the activities of the procurement team to World Class Excellence level
• Participate in ad hoc projects to support Burberry growth providing expertise procurement advice
• Delivery of agreed financial objectives
• Delivery of an agreed sourcing strategies with stakeholder alignment. Plans are in place and recognised and approved by the stakeholder. • Production of high quality analysis and delivery of true category 'insight'. Including feedback from the stakeholders.
• Be seen as a valued business partner by the Supply Chain team
• Extensive operational and commercial experience with packaging and labelling
• Experience of forming and managing effective Stakeholder and Supplier relationships.
• Highly commercial and numerate
• Great customer facing skills
• Ability to deliver tangible results whilst working in a challenging and ever changing environment
• Ability to face and resolve multiple issues in a collaborative manner
• Good Excel /analytical and presentation skills
• MCIPS desired
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to flex between highly strategic thinking and 'getting the job done'
• Collaborative, pragmatically minded individual that brings others with them on a journey of cultural change
• Self-motivated, high energy level, and a positive attitude
• Comfortable working in a flexible environment
• Strong negotiator, demonstrated resilience and ability to respectfully challenge while maintaining balance and warmth of professional relationships
• Flexible, prepared to get into the detail, as well as see the big picture
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9024 || n/a ||