Summer 22 Product Development Intern
As the product development intern, you will be an important part of the ready-to-wear development process – working closely with internal and external partners to ensure our designs are translated into practical, innovative, and market-ready products. You are a cross-functional team-player that will support your manager in building aesthetically pleasing, high-quality garments while achieving financial goals.
- Must be able to follow-through on projects and proactively seek opportunities to support the team
- Must be able to work a minimum of three consecutive days throughout the week
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Must be detail-oriented and through
- Must be enrolled in an accredited degree program and able to receive school credit
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Assist in developing samples at factories by prepping documents, pulling fabric, sew-by samples, etc.
- Create and maintain documents and archives related to development, including binders, design boards, etc.
- Manage own schedule of main responsibilities and any side projects as requested by direct manager or design team
- Organize and maintain inventories, sample racks and work areas.
- Prepare for and participate during meetings and fittings by assembling necessary tools and taking notes and/or pictures
- Run errands, including picking up samples and sourcing raw materials from the garment district
- Support the product development and other cross-functional teams in daily processes from initial concept through adoption
- Work with your manager and cross-functional team members to fully understand product intent to complete daily tasks
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
AREA Studio, LLC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.