Junior Garment Technologist
OMNES is a fast-growing London label that’s changing the face of sustainable fashion. Responsibly produced and affordably priced, it’s a much-needed antidote to the disposable approach of big name fast-fashion brands, offering up clothes that are considered and impeccably made without costing the planet.
Your skills & Experience
- A technically oriented qualification at degree level is preferred, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience, in similar roles.
- Comprehensive understanding of the whole fit process, fitting garments and resolving fit issues across multiple categories.
- The ability to move confidently between product areas, with experience in Soft Wovens, Denim, Jersey wear and Knitwear essential.
- A full understanding of garment construction, pattern cutting, factory machinery and manufacturing processes.
- Clear communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience liaising directly with factories and working with different cultures.
- Understanding of fabric construction is essential, with knowledge in sustainability both in fabrics and manufacturing processes an advantage.
- Experienced in understanding and advising on fabric testing and reports.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, as the role requires.
- Strong time-management skills; able to stay on critical path deadlines, proactively chasing fits as needed.
- Confident using Outlook, Excel & Word; and the ability to create tech packs.
- Detail orientated, with a high level of accuracy in work.
- Comfortable working in a growing and evolving environment.
Main responsibilities include:
- Conducting in house fit sessions
- Fast and efficient worker whilst never compromising quality
- Recommending commercial decisions with confidence
- Owning the fitting process and inspiring trust and confidence with the team
- Analysing technical issues accurately, checking for fit discrepancies and sending clear, concise, and accurate comments to suppliers; processing samples in a timely and in line with KPIs.
- Liaising with Design, Buying & suppliers to offer technical guidance on new product development with the aim of reducing costs & improving quality.
- Ensuring sustainable compliance with fibre composition labelling regulations, assessing risk, managing relevant testing; recording & resolving non-compliance effectively and efficiently
- Contributing to initiatives to reduce customer returns: analysing data & implementing solutions, investigating fit issues at style level when rate of returns is over target range.
- Always Promoting quality, whilst maintaining a strong commercial attitude.
- Delivering continuous improvement and creative solutions.