Product Development Manager
Stòffa is changing the way clothing is consumed by championing a shift away from excess and toward quality, sustainability, and individuality. Dedicated to thoughtful design, responsible production, and gracious presentation, we’re leveraging made-to-measure to make ‘buy less but better’ a real option for clients. We craft lasting, personal pieces that wear well and age gracefully, and deliver them through an intimate client experience geared toward building succinct, harmonious wardrobes.
Founded in 2014, Stòffa offers made-to-order clothing over five categories and a range of limited-edition accessories sold online and through our network of showrooms and trunk shows. Our mission is to create and inspire a better model for both producing and consuming clothes.
Role: Product Development Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for a product development and production manager to join our team. You will have the opportunity to be part of the product team of an innovative and nurturing brand.
The ideal candidate will be a very organized and process-oriented manager, with an understanding of the product development cycle. Working closely with the product development, design, and production team to manage raw materials, production calendar and growth strategies. This role requires deep-focus, clear communication, multi-tasking, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide organizational support to the product development team in in the research and development phase.
- Create and manage production calendars for both the made-to-measure and seasonal collections.
- Manage the daily responsibilities of the fabric and product development cycle, ensuring timely deliverables.
- Being the key link between the different workshops in Italy and the product development team based in New York.
- Lead the archiving effort of all past collections and products.
- Manage product development calendar and ensure timely communication and deliverables
- In charge of raw material purchasing and managing stock levels.
- Work directly with lead product development and creative team to ensure a synergy of ideas between the workshops and the design team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a product development team. (not limited to apparel design)
- Very strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks on your own.
- Strong command of the Microsoft creative suite and clear communication over email and other audio/video channels.
- Fluent in written and spoken Italian and English.
- A clear basic understanding of the product development cycle and experience with managing raw material vendors.
- Basic skills in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Lightroom.
- A strong interest in fabric and product design.
- A curious nature, driven to make things more organized and flow efficiently.
- A highly organized individual who can handle multiple tasks at once.
- Collaborative, adaptable and ready to respond to questions with a sense of urgency.
- Confident and willing to brainstorm and share new ideas.
- Passion for a holistic product design and re-imagining the role of design and products in our world.
- Desire to work within a start-up environment and being part of a growing team
- A keen interest in sustainability and conscious production.
Please email email@example.com with your letter of interest, CV and portfolio.