FABRIC MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Fabric Manager is responsible for overseeing the raw materials lifecycle from development through production, while ensuring company standards, goals are met.
RTW, Mens and Womens
- Source, Research & Develop Materials for the season (new, deadstock etc.)
- Launch all initial season development, (ie; Custom fabric development, Lab Dips, Prints, Tie Dyes, Washes etc.), while adhering to Gabriela Hearst standards for raw materials.
- Initiate conversations regarding pricing, lead-time, and overall MOQ's based on development selection.
- Initiate countersourcing efforts for all new fabrics to ensure materials meet GH company standards and pricing targets.
- Execute orders accordingly for all development fabric, while tracking invoicing, delivery.
- Create and continuously update seasonal Fabric Cards/Boards/Binders/Charts.
- Oversee distribution of Tailoring, Testing and Proto yardage seasonally.
- Request FDS & sustainability certificates for recycled or organic materials
- Update all RLM data for Materials (codes, colors, names, KWI, NRF etc.)
- Track and request all approval cuttings while sending standards to overseas manufacturers.
- Proactively resolve all quality control issues with external vendors and internal cross functional partners.
- Oversee fabric inventory in both New York and Italy warehouse locations while monitoring liability and informing teams to utilize as needed.
- Continuously update internal fabric liability library.
- Oversee finance process internally to ensure proformas, invoices and payments are sent through accordingly.
- Track packages with help from Logistics Manager
- Oversee execution of seasonal swatch books – launch with help of Freelance Assistant
- Fabric request for special client’s event, weddings etc.
· Order Fabrics, Lab Dips, Cutting for reference & update Binder