NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners. The Opportunity
Darcy Penick, President of Bergdorf Goodman and one of the first leaders in pure-play fashion e-commerce, has built a team of industry pioneers who are bringing their collective expertise and commitment to operational excellence to the world of Bergdorf Goodman. As the destination to discover best in class designers, emerging brands and exclusive products, Bergdorf Goodman provides customers with transformative experiences that embody the definition of modern luxury. Today we continue to evolve demonstrated by our significant growth within the business. Summary
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) within the analytics team is looking for a smart, hands on, and driven individual to grow Bergdorf Goodman's store analytic capabilities. This role will collaborate closely with the Manager, Omnichannel Analytics for Bergdorf Goodman, and support the store teams in evaluating business to achieve company goals on sales, customer graduation, loyalty frequency, and new customer reshop rates. These insights will be used in understanding store performance and creating useful data driven assets that provide a deeper understanding of the business for store stakeholders.
This is a remote position. Key Performance Elements/Responsibilities:
- Provide actionable diagnostic analysis on customer attributes and online/offline behavior data to produce quality insights, drive business strategies, and maximize organizational efficiencies
- Query, manipulate and transform data from multiple sources to produce a comprehensive view of the customer behavior across all selling (online/offline) channels
- Build data visualizations and dashboards aimed at monitoring store performance and present insights to stakeholders across organization, including leadership, store and merchandising teams
- Develop analytically sound approaches to answering business questions while demonstrating resourcefulness in obtaining and cleansing data when comprehensive information is not available
Minimum Entry Education and Experience:
- Partner with business stakeholders to define relevant business questions and requests
- Quantify sales associate/ customer relationship value and track sales associate score distribution for both customer views and sales associate views
- Provide analysis on remote selling from the store, including digitally assisted and POS sales
- Analyze customer attribute and behavioral (transaction, web browsing, marketing channel interaction) data
- Manage seller asset portal metrics, as well as campaign conversion, event sales, and adoption rates from sellers
- Provide customer targeted outreach events results, and well as other store events engagements and sales, while assisting the customer lifetime value of the customers that are touched through these programs
- 4-year Degree, preferably in a quantitative or technical subject such as in Marketing, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience working in working in store analytics or other related analytical capacities
- 2+ years of experience using web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or similar
- Experience using any coding language (SQL, SAS, Python or R) to transform, manipulate and analyze data preferred
- Experience using data visualization tool (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Retail experience preferred with specific knowledge of retail metrics
- Strategic and critical thinker. Able to partner with business teams to identify key questions to answer, form hypotheses and partner on solutions
- Strong communicator. High-level business acumen, able to synthesize data and share conclusions with both technical and non-technical audiences
About Bergdorf Goodman
- Ability to improve analytics maturity and drive the adoption of data driven decision across Bergdorf Goodman
- Ability to effectively partner with cross functional teams across all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work autonomously with minimal supervision under tight timelines and with quick turnarounds as needed
- Passion for excellence. High energy, self-motivated, and results oriented
As the house of extraordinary taste for almost 120-years, we are New York's original icon of style. The legendary window on inventive inspiration, discerning since day one, we define the culture of fashion. We are a community of "creative ingeniuses" cultivating experiences beyond the expected, and nurturing ideas that inspire the joy of discovery. We thrive on bringing exceptional creative talents together. We are unabashedly luxury. And luxury is ours to define. We are Bergdorf Goodman.