About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Analyst for FP&A to join our Global Supply Chain Logistics Finance team. In this role you will support the overall Logistics Finance function for a large, multi-brand retailer in a fast-paced, complex environment. The Logistics FP&A team provides financial support across all GSC Logistics functions and Gap, Inc. brands. The Logistics FP&A team is responsible for leading several key financial performance management activities for Gap Inc., including the annual budget / operating plan, long-range plan, monthly forecast, and month-end close. Using these activities as a foundation, they provide the executive leaders and other relevant stakeholders with forward-looking financial projections, performance perspective, and foundations for optimal decision-making. The scope of this position creates opportunities provide decision support across GSC Logistics functions that impact all brands in the Gap, Inc. portfolio.
This role is based out of the San Francisco office and requires you to be in the
office on an occasional basis for critical in-person meetings and/or job duties that cannot be performed remotely. Pursuant to Gap Inc.'s policy, as of September 7, 2021, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.'s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.What You'll Do
• Prepare monthly financial reports to Gap Inc. leadership, ensuring reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner
• Deliver financials for the company, whether related to monthly forecast and close including reporting and analysis for key stakeholders
• Assist in preparation of presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
• Deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expenses during the budget, forecast and close processes
• Identify, research and articulate variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and collaborating with others on a solution
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
• Assemble adhoc reporting as necessary to support GSC Finance team and stakeholdersWho You Are
• Organized, with demonstrated experience in owning, driving, and prioritizing multiple workstreams
• Strategic, analytical thinker that possesses keen attention to detail has experience articulating complex situations in a simple way
• Expert in identifying sources of information from disparate sources to create or manage financial models and deliver comprehensive, objective, and actionable analysis
• Skilled at developing presentations to senior management and cross-functional groups in a professional, concise, and direct manner
• Driven by a fast-paced environment that works with sense of urgency, flexibility, and commitment to deliver on deadlines
• Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions
• Team player with a positive attitude - open to cross-training and sharing team responsibilities
• Savvy across MS Office Suite; strong Excel skills are required to manage large amounts of data. Experience with Essbase a plus.
• 3+ years of experience in finance, investment banking, retail consultancy, and/or strategy, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibilityBenefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).