6 days left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity in our production team for a Garment Technician. This role is primarily for a dedicated individual who shows a genuine interest in the fashion industry and a comprehensive knowledge of product construction and fit for menswear & womenswear.
This role is based at our head office in Tottenham Court Road, Central London and will report to the Head of Product and Production.
In order to consider, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Work closely with Design, Product and Production team on seasonal product development launch of collections and liaise with factories on specs and tech files.
- Managing fit meetings and striving to improve quality and construction of product at all stages and meet business standards and price.
- Support Product and Production team in managing the Atelier.
- Make sure that all seasonal patterns and final products are developed to required spec and to Qasimi’s quality standards.
- Create specs and fit comments for all seasonal styles.
- Make sure to keep in house records for all patterns developed for sampling and production.
- Preparing for and attend fit meetings and responsible for measuring of proto’s, SMS and PPS and create fit comments prior to fit meetings and send to internal team and factories.
- Work alongside the in-house seamstress to ensure samples developed in-house are to Qasimi’s standard.
- Liaise with factories in the UK and Europe where necessary regarding all aspects related to construction of pattern and product.
Product Development & Production
- Work closely with Senior Product and Production Coordinator to organise fit meetings within the critical path.
- Responsible for all specs and tech packs that are submitted to factories in a timely manner and ensuring a consistent quality of specs and patterns.
- Ensure all size grading is approved before production.
- PPS are shipped back to factories in a timely manner
- Ensure specs are electronically stored and track the technical history of each season.
- Work closely with the production team in LDN and AMS on QC of SMS, PPS and final production and report on any issue to internal team and external factories.
- Work closely with in-house seamstress and product team for any development in-house.
- Manage in-house fabric cutting for development and in-house production.
- Ensure that all patterns are kept on record and updated if changes made and records at factories for SMS and production.
- In charge of model casting for internal fit meetings as well as model budget.
- Manage model booking for fit meetings.
- Work closely with Senior Product and Production Coordinator on in-house running stock.
Competencies & Requirements:
- Proven track record in both menswear and womenswear.
- Can demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of product construction and fit.
- Min. 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience with Outerwear, Tailoring, Shirts, Trousers, Knitwear and Jerseywear.
- Excellent understanding of production requirements from a design and commercial points of view.
- Experience working with UK and European factories.
- Zedonk knowledge beneficial.
- IT skills Microsoft office
- Multiple languages beneficial
- International travel likely