Social Media Coordinator
At Karla Otto we are always looking for personalities with positive charisma who are enthusiastic, self-motivated and have a keen sense of aesthetics.
The Social Media Coordinator will work within a leading integrated client team at Karla Otto, as part of the account’s digital team delivering data-driven insights for client social media & online activities. The role is to coordinate and implement social media marketing activities, as well as supporting with digital strategy, with responsibility for client work, admin and day-to-day tasks. You will work alongside wider account strategist, creative, implementation and communications teams. We are looking for someone highly engaged in social media marketing, especially in the worlds of fashion & luxury, with a keen attention to detail, collaborative work approach and who is confident at presenting their findings internally and externally.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Contribute to the planning of social media approach for client campaigns, projects and individual activations through research, data-driven insights and idea generation Support digital colleagues and wider team with the planning & implementation of both dedicated social media projects, as well as social media activities within integrated campaigns
- Support communication with clients on day-to-day / weekly activities, including establishing and maintaining client trust
- Coordinate social media related campaign and project tasks, such as end-to-end influencer management: talent casting, outreach, product seeding through to owned and third party channel data insights and reporting on campaign effectiveness via Lefty Lead tracking, measurement and evaluation of success/failure of social media performance for content & influencer activities and campaigns, via multiple tracking and measurement platforms including Lefty Explore opportunities for improved performance across content development and social media algorithms, proactively identifying and escalate opportunities
- Coherently explain complicated data or analytical processes to people who may not have a good understanding
- Oversee the delivery of reports as required e.g. project, weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or annual
- Assist with administrative tasks for the Creative & Digital Strategy i.e. booking travel, expenses etc.
- Support in the organizing, labelling and distribution of assets to internal, client and third parties
- Support in the planning and activation of paid media campaigns
- Deliver accurate internal and external budgets required and manage expenditure against these accordingly
- Support administrative tasks, including contracts, invoicing etc.
- Actively grow your own knowledge on the evolving social media landscape and help the wider team stay up-to-date on key changes and skills
- Remain ahead of all news at the intersection of fashion, content and tech in order to advise client on new opportunities and emerging strategies, as well as competitor activity
- 2-3+ years experience in a junior (assistant or coordinator) position in the fields of social media/digital marketing, preferably in the fashion or luxury worlds
- Proficiency with a range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies and techniques
- Strong project management / good organisational skills, ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Experience in using multiple influencer marketing tools is ideal
- Creative and independent thinker, with a strong knowledge and interest of the fashion, beauty and cultural landscape
- Understanding of social media and its relevant platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Twitch etc) and the nuances between each one.
- Understanding of how owned, earned and paid media can work together, either in a specialised team or agency. Knowledge of global cultural events in fashion, music, art, design, etc Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format. Be able to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines
- Proven experience understanding and interpreting data
- Experience in successful budget management
- Fluent in written and spoken English language; additional fluency in German ideal
- Good presentation skills and a confident presenter
- Strong attention to detail Enthusiastic, positive, can-do attitude and solution-oriented Sound judgement and analytical thinking Unquestionable business ethics and integrity, we place a high value on trust & transparency Organised and can multi-task with ease Business and commercial awareness Engaging, collaborative and adept at building internal and external relationships Flexible, adaptable style and approach Resilient, passionate and energetic
- Good diplomacy & negotiation skills