Wood Wood is looking for a Patternmaker
We are looking for a Patternmaker to join the in-house Development Team. The position is ongoing and will be located at our head office in Copenhagen. The role will report to the Head of Production and work closely with the team to create technical patterns to secure the wearability of garments and create patterns in line with original design and brand image.
- Work closely with the Design, Buying and Production teams.
- Create new patterns in Gerber for designated product groups.
- Identify adjustments needed and communicate them to the Product Developer and Designer when necessary.
- Participate in fittings, providing technical support and advice on product development and handling any modifications required, and produce clear instructions regarding the changes.
- Develop and guarantee standard fits in collaboration with the Internal Technician.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years experience in the apparel industry for both men’s and womenswear.
- Educational background in pattern making.
- Experience with fitting procedures and fitting corrections; Gerber pattern-making software knowledge required – own key is a plus.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised and able to plan efficiently.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
At WOOD WOOD, we’re committed to cultivating a diverse, equal and inclusive environment for all employees in which every voice matters. We aim to acquire and support a workforce that exists without any discrimination on the basis of race, gender identity, religion, civil status, national origin, disability or age. It’s essential for us that everyone feels respected, included and encouraged to be themselves.