Head of Commercial
IRÄYE is an innovative Swiss Skincare brand founded by leading experts in the field, based on a breakthrough discovery of the first natural lymphatic activators. With the combined experience of over 40 years of scientific research, they have launched a first of its kind skincare line to activate the power of the lymphatic system topically powered by their patent-pending Lymphactive™ Complex.
The role will be responsible for driving brand awareness & sales for IRÄYE and growing its footprint strategically within the region. We are looking for a strong & inspiring leader with extensive commercial experience driving forward our business’ ambitious goals, allowing IRÄYE to compete with other industry leaders. You will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for the expansion of our brand in the region whilst also managing and developing our existing retail partners. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a unique opportunity to put your stamp on this high-potential, science-driven skincare brand, driving value creation from day one.
- Develop a new business strategy with a focus on identifying growth opportunities to meet sales forecasts, including Luxury Department stores, pan-European Specialty retailers and skincare facialists & clinics. Being operationally savvy is essential in creating long-term scalable distribution plans.
- Create a 5-year regional expansion plan with the CEO to ensure maximum impact is unlocked from year to year whilst adhering to a budget. Vision & Market intelligence for the EMEA market is critical to opening the right doors/countries at the right time.
- Work with the CEO to develop an annual strategy for every partner (including financial forecast, training needs, marketing activity etc.).
- Ensure all relevant departments (i.e. marketing, social etc.) that can influence/ impact the outcome/ performance are involved.
- Forecast and track key account metrics with tight management of each account from weekly/ monthly sales, budgeting and forecasting through to stock management, performance and ROI tracking
- Oversee the training and monitor the performance of retail sales teams to ensure targets are being met across our retail partners and they possess all the tools required to meet targets.
- Develop a strategy for all new products: Forecast pipe, initial sell-through and annual sell-through expectation along with relevant Distribution strategy to support
- Oversee and manage all visual merchandising, retail and trade marketing activation execution to create enticing opportunities for new customers to discover IRÄYE.
- Liaise with logistics to ensure clients receive goods in the expected timeframe and manage client expectations should there be any delay.
- Communicate with global supply chain partners to ensure IRÄYE maintain healthy stock positions and flag any concerns
- This role requires strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret sell-through data to advise on strategy for the business.
- Ability to translate market insight to business strategy and drive implementable plans quickly.
- Highly adaptable and able to rapidly switch between long-term strategic initiatives and rapid, tactical actions.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work closely with both external partners and the brand team with the ability to manage and mentor a team.
- A natural networker and strong negotiator.
- Able to present sales strategy and execute plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain sales information clearly and confidently
- Ability to think strategically and create a bigger picture vision while also executing that vision
- Entrepreneurially spirited, proactive and resourceful to be able to deliver ambitious growth & targets within budget.
- Highly organised and able to see multiple projects through completion
- An enthusiastic self-starter who is collaborative with a positive can-do attitude.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience managing multi-channel and department stores/ retailer partnerships within the EMEA region (preferably within the beauty industry).
- Experience working across several UK beauty retailers required
- Appreciated previous titles: Head of Commercial, Commercial Director, Commercial Manager.
This role is remote working in 2022. Thereafter, there may be some days per week working from a London based office.