Women's Footwear - Production Developer
Purpose of the role
The Product Developer - Women's Footwear will manage the product lifecycle of Women’s footwear and leather goods from research to prototypes through to salesman samples.
They'll be responsible for transforming shoes from an initial concept to a commercially successful product, working closely with the CEO, Chief Product Officer, Head of Product and the rest of the Product Development team.
Solid experience in a similar role within the luxury footwear, and being fluent in Italian are a must.
- Visit relevant material fairs to understand seasonal trends and research new potential suppliers
- Source new materials following the Designer’s guidelines and submit them for approval
- Develop seasonal fabrics and exclusives with mills, accessories and embroidery suppliers
- Develop metal trimmings with relevant suppliers
- Coordinate seasonal structures development
- Prototype launch
- Material and accessory launch
- Creation of sample specs and launch
- Liaise between raw material suppliers and factories to ensure that they are aligned and everything runs smoothly
- Liaise daily with factories to follow up on the development of the collection
- Ensure all deadlines for prototypes and final samples are met
- Verify that all samples meet the quality standards and Designer’s expectations
- Communicate post edit decisions to factories
- Handover to production ensuring all information is provided and correct
- Travel to factories when necessary
- Data input in PLM based system
- Provide technical and material information to Commercial team for market
- Day to day admin and organisational duties
Skills and Experience Required
- Solid experience in a similar role, within luxury footwear.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, PLM.
- Fluency in Italian.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, and ensure delivery of results within tight deadlines.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, with an appreciation of colour and imagery, and the ability to lead innovation.
- Ability to review samples to ensure product meets BOM and visual expectations.
- Positive; work well within a team.
- Excellence: High level of finesse and excellence required in delivery of all tasks.
Department: Product Development
Reports to: Head of Product
- Every day the energy, creativity and passion of Manolo permeates through our business.
- We believe in the artist and the artisan; we are innovative while still protecting our heritage.
- We strive for timeless beauty and quality craftmanship.
- We celebrate curiosity and believe in working proactively and being solution focused.
- We believe in upholding family values; we treat everyone with honesty, respect and kindness while nurturing our teams to deliver excellence.
- We believe in making people smile.