Self-portrait was established in November 2013, founder by Han Chong, Central Saint Martins graduate. Self-Portrait aims to provide attainable fashion which is showcased through an exquisite range of feminine dresses and separate pieces using luxury fabrics that are of high quality. Our celebrity followers include Miranda Kerr, Jordan Dunn, Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Lopez as well as key Bloggers such as Aimee Song and Chiara Ferragni. As well as having our own online store, we are also stocked by Net-a-porter, Luisaviaroma and Matches. Our collection is also available to buy in department stores such as Selfridges, Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus.
About the role
The Sample Assistant will oversee sample circulation between showroom and selling agents. Liaising directly with the studio teams and stockists, the Sample Assistant will support daily sample requests for our wholesale partners. The role plays a key part in ensuring products are accurately represented.
What you'll do
- Independently executing wholesale sample requests for product shoots.
- Shipping, tracking and logging sample movement between showrooms and photoshoots.
- Reporting the samples movement process with internal teams and assessing clashes with stockists.
- Understanding and communicating specific sample variances that might impact photography.
- Partnering with product development and merchandising teams on changes in production per season.
- Compiling and maintaining information on all product changes and provide teams with weekly sample statuses.
- Assisting PR team with keeping sample rails organised and archiving samples at the end of season
- Assist with coordinating samples for photography as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Computer skills: experience with MS Excel and MS Word are required.
- Experience in inventory management via Excel is required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Fashion GPS/Launchmetrics knowledge is preferable.
- Effective time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency; Ability to prioritise, ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment while building solid cross-functional partnerships.
- University/college education preferred, with previous experience in sales, retail, merchandising, or marketing.