Head of Wholesale/Sales Manager
ABOUT US: Established in 1998, the Costarellos brand provides luxury ready-to-wear for the contemporary woman. Deeply rooted in its Greek heritage, the house of Costarellos is the voice of modern romance with an effortless approach to ethereal silhouettes & couture details, with a core emphasis on extraordinary laces and unique embellishments.
Title: Head of Wholesale/Sales Manager
Location: Fully Remote (HQ in Athens/London)
We are seeking a a multi-faceted professional with previous experience in sales at an international level. This person will be responsible for driving sales with regional partners while ensuring our wholesale distribution network maximizes opportunity and is aligned with brand strategy and positioning.
- Manage and act as the main contact for 50 points worldwide including international key accounts, such as Net-a-Porter, Harrods, Moda Operandi, to name a few.
- Build and maintain strong commercial relationships with wholesale partners across regions.
- Actively search & contact prospective clients to build up the wholesale client base.
- Carry out regular market visits, wholesale partner meetings, as well as periodic phone calls to provide a detailed analysis of the brand’s performance and carry out an adapted strategy.
- Provide informative and inspiring seasonal brand and product training to partners, along with all seasonal visual and reference materials.
- Work closely with HQ & wholesale clients to ensure all payments are settled within designated timelines.
- Conduct & lead physical and virtual wholesale appointments during fashion week (6 times a year), providing direction of meeting in accordance with each client’s needs.
- Research, liaise & follow up with buying offices & third-party sales agents.
- To work closely with supply chain colleagues and wholesale team to handle all order related matters.
- Enter orders into the system accurately and in a timely manner.
- Send all paperwork/sales orders to wholesale partners for confirmation.
- Work with Product Development to ensure correct product & season product mix for delivery periods & sales growth. Manage Team & Agents for Global Showroom Sales
- Identify, negotiate and launch new business opportunities, as well as continuously improving and developing the existing business, both in terms of sales and service level.
- Conduct ongoing review of sales performance and collaborate with both clients & HQ teams to understand and manage reorder needs.
- Prepare seasonal sales reports: product trend summaries and any other business insights to help drive strategy and sales, and communicate findings to the design team.
- Prepare market competitor and economic updates periodically.
IDEAL PROFILE & EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE: Significant experience in luxury retail, with at least 5 years in a wholesale or merchandising management leadership role
LANGUAGES: English (essential – written & verbal), Italian or French is highly desirable
- A passion for retail/fashion and our brand
- Able to demonstrate examples of increasing account profitability, managing partnerships, onboarding key accounts, and executing successful contract negotiations
- Customer focus with the ability to build rapport & relationships
- Self-motivated with a high sense of initiative and urgency
- Ability to think strategically and follow up operationally
- Good analytical ability with proven problem-solving skills
- Existing relationships with key wholesale accounts
- Team player with positive service attitude
- Excellent computer literacy with a high proficiency in excel
- Ability to travel to New York/Paris for fashion weeks 6 times/year