Corporate Responsibility Manager
Please note that this role can be based in either Milan or Florence.
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As Responsible Project Manager you will manage the Vendor Ownership Programme (V.O.P.) both strategically and operationally, enabling partners located in the EMEIA Region to meet social compliance targets and deliver Burberry Sustainability strategy' goals.
You will provide quality assurance of the VOP programme's overall development, implementation and impact.
You will support Responsibility Programme Manager to conduct social audit and risk mitigating and remediation activities throughout the EMEIA supply chain.
• Manage Vendor Ownership Programme for EMEIA finished goods partners, by overseeing the full spectrum of implementation activities, including trainings, impact measurement, annual planning and personnel allocation
• Identify partnerships that will help Vendor Ownership Programme partners achieve scale across their factories base
• Measure, monitor and report Vendor Ownership Programme performance, with a clear ambition to drive engaged partners to best performance
• Create and deliver communications to senior leaders, outlining the current partners' social and sustainability performance as well as the impact and future growth of the Vendor Ownership Programme
• Identify and analyze regional sustainability trends to develop and deploy training contents, as well as shape programmes to address social and environmental issues in our supply chain
• Embed existing and coming Ethical Trading targets within the programme and support partners towards their full and timely achievement
• Conduct monitor and remediation activities across the EMEIA supply chain
• Provide support to other regional or corporate team leading programmes upon request
• Proven ability to independently lead, organize and deliver commitments on time and within budget, and to work in a team within a fast pace environment
• 2-3 years work experience in corporate responsibility field, preferably in fashion industry
• Collaborative, open and passionate working style with people empowerment at its heart
• Great communication and training skills
• Strong stakeholder engagement capabilities
• Problem-solving oriented
• English and Italian both verbal and written
• IT proficiency, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Social Sustainability schemes and reporting methodologies is a plus
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Milan || EXECUTIVE || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9041 || n/a ||