Production Manager for women’s luxury designer label that encompasses RTW, resort wear & swimwear. Price point and market positioning are in the range of luxury designer.
Position responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the development of all collections from initial concept to final samples.
- Communicating on a daily basis with factories, fabric mills, and trim suppliers to ensure all aspects of production are on schedule, with samples and stock delivered on time.
- Estimating, negotiating and finalizing costs (post-commitment); ensuring factories are using negotiated fabric prices, agreed delivery dates, and that the garment cost sheet information is accurate, i.e. yield/consumption etc; and renegotiating or re-sourcing as necessary.
- Conducting regular local factory visits to review production, samples, and quality control.
- Assisting in the design & research of future collections
- Managing all cutting tickets per season.
- Input with inventory management and re-orders.
The Ideal Candidate:
Production and product development experience with luxury women’s apparel is mandatory.
The company is in an accelerated growth state. Production staff works closely with retail, commercial, logistics, and design. This position is for someone highly organized, hard-working, meticulously detail oriented and who possesses the below:
- Bachelor Degree
- 3+ years experience in a similar position with domestic manufacturing as a focus.
- Experience with design, sourcing and product development with both domestic and international vendors.
- Strong technical understanding of all aspects of garment manufacturing.
- MAC based computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of Apparel Magic, Shopify.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and think innovatively.
- Strong communication and team building skills.
- Project management skills and is comfortable handling shifting priorities / pressured deadlines in order to execute production goals, adhere to strict calendar and margin expectations.