Managing Editor - UK
Who What Wear UK is looking to hire a Managing Editor to join its award-winning culture. If you’re an experienced editor with a passion for driving results through planning meaningful and strategic content, we want to hear from you!
As the Managing Editor, you will be a super-organised content creator and editor that can seamlessly blend the values and high standards of Who What Wear UK’s content with data-led decision making to meet and exceed goals. You will be responsible for editorial calendar planning and management and top-editing and commissioning the work of others while improving process and content efficiency. To be successful in this role you will have the natural ability to problem solve, to pivot when necessary and to inspire others to embody the same always-on approach. Ultimately we are looking for a digital native who can see the bigger picture while noticing the small yet important details and produce quality work. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented and can thrive in an entrepreneurial setting, we would love to chat with you! This position is based in London and reports to the Editor-in-Chief.
Who What Wear is powered by a hybrid remote/ in-person workforce that spans the UK and US. Working here means that you get the benefits of working with the UK team both IRL at our London HQ and remotely. Our interviewing and onboarding activities are conducted both virtually and in the office.
- Creatively and effectively manage the editorial calendar for sign-off from Editor-in-Chief, including monthly tentpole planning, daily news, franchises, dedicated affiliate stories and commercial content in order to reach monthly traffic and revenue goals.
- Source and train freelance talent as an ongoing pipeline; manage freelance commissions and pitches in tandem with the editorial team, including allocation of stories, top-editing, calendar planning, creative talent for custom shoots, guest columnists and regular contributors.
- Track monthly editorial budget for EIC/UK SVP approval and manage invoices alongside Accounting.
- Report topline analytics performance weekly and provide data-led intel, real-time feedback and planning support cross-departmentally with key stakeholders (Partnerships, Newsletter, Social, Search, Affiliate, Commercial, Editorial) to maximise on traffic and revenue opportunities.
- Ensure that tone, house style, content quality and core values such as diversity and inclusivity are at the forefront of all content produced.
- Produce own strategic content on a weekly basis while supporting tactical content additions and pivoting duties to drive towards goals.
- Contribute to commercial and affiliate projects including ideation, pitches and client meetings through to first-person inclusion in the content itself.
- 4+ years of relevant editorial experience with proven background in digital and the worlds of fashion/beauty preferred; experience with managing an editorial calendar, freelancers and/or junior editors, custom-content shoots and commercial content production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong visual sensibilities; commercial-first mindset combined with editorial nous.
- Skilled in SEO best practices, CMS and analytics.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, be focused on goals with a sense of urgency, self-guidance and ability to quickly turn an idea into a final product.
- Collaborative team player, with a resourceful can-do attitude, who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment; ability to work cross-functionally and directly with clients.
Benefits & Perks:
- Work/Life Balance: Generous paid holiday, self-care Fridays, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: Private medical and dental coverage, group life insurance and access to an array of added value services
- Financial Well-being: Sponsored Pension Scheme with employer contribution. Bonus eligibility for all employees.
- Opportunity to Do Good: Each employee dedicates one day per year toward an impactful social good project.
Who What Wear provides an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its content sites—whowhatwear.com and whowhatwear.co.uk—and its affordable, size-inclusive, and trend-forward line of clothing and accessories. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping career podcast, Second Life, which is hosted by Kerr. Most recently, Who What Wear launched a sister company, Versed, which is a clean skincare line with products at affordable prices. Headquartered in Los Angeles.