Merchandiser - Fine Jewellery
At Taylor and Hart we are a digital-first engagement ring company. Our "without limits" approach to product design, customer experience and our ethical supply chain has positioned us as one of the most innovative jewellery companies in the last decade. Our workplace is supportive, rewarding and flexible, celebrating diversity, equality, sustainability and inclusiveness.
As we've grown, so too has the complexity behind our product and pricing strategy and execution. We started as a bespoke-only brand, but now our offering includes partially and fully pre-designed rings. The challenges a merchandiser will face with our brand will push you to be creative and innovative and we’re looking for someone who will embrace those challenges and make this role their own.
We are seeking a high performing Merchandiser to join Taylor & Hart and support the Design Director in developing our merchandising function from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for putting the right product, in the right place and at the right price through data analysis and using the results to support the right decisions being made across departments.
Success will be measured by:
- Increasing the conversion rate and gross profit metrics of our product, through the optimisation of pricing, product positioning and product selection.
- Working closely with the Design Director to ensure there is a continuous feedback loop in order to aid the creation of a commercial brief.
- Effective benchmarking, both internally within the range, and externally within the competitive jewellery landscape.
- Ensuring key stakeholder and cross-functional engagement, through the creation and execution of reporting systems.
- Improving the speed and efficiency at which new products are launched, both online and in our showroom.
- Optimal capital allocation.
- Establish a high-performing merchandising function, suited to a company of our size, including identifying where there may be gaps in our data capture process.
- Analyse sales performance and inventory levels in order to provide insight relating to product performance, stock buying/budget allocation, product development opportunities and marketing objectives.
- Using trend forecasting, business intelligence and analysis to support the ideation of on-brand new product development and marketing content to use across all channels.
- Liaise with the Design Director throughout the development process, influence and challenge decisions to find the optimal balance between design vision and commercial goals; while always accommodating market needs.
- Create and maintain an internal and external pricing matrix, which seeks to optimise our pricing strategy, identify opportunities and reduce risk.
- Day to day admin support, including adding new products to the website.
- Updating internal product tracking documents, new product presentations and training tools for sales teams to explain the collection strategy, inspiration, direction and all relevant information to help drive sales.
- Collaborate with E-Commerce and Marketing teams to highlight key product lines and inform decisions on how website real estate can be used most effectively in order to increase conversion rates.
- Liaise with Operations teams to establish the rolling product drop plan, taking into consideration commercial needs as well as production feasibility.
- Develop a segmentation structure for our online product using insight provided by our SEO team.
- Assist the Design Director and Marketing team with their ongoing sample needs.
Job Requirements / Ideal Candidate
- Delivering against key merchandising KPIs, working under pressure and at a fast pace
- 2 years prior experience in a similar e-commerce role is essential
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- IT Literacy i.e. Google Apps, Salesforce, Web-based systems
- Knowledge of diamonds and jewellery (preferred)
- Keen eye to discover customer experience issues and flag them to the business
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind
- Communication skills are vital as you will be working with procurement, designers, marketers, directors
- Ability to multitask, identify areas for improvement and create solutions
- Experience in management or project management is preferred
- Options: become a part-owner of the business offered to every new employee
- Company pension
- 25-days holiday + 3 “life days” per year
- Employee cost-price jewellery
- Perkbox membership for perks such as weekly treats, retailer discounts, discounted gym memberships, workplace nursery benefits, mental health & wellbeing support and an enhanced employee assistance program (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fun monthly socials
- Enhanced maternity policy for qualifying members
- Dedicated mental health first-aiders, for you to reach out to if you need someone to speak to
- Private health insurance
- Annual birthday box