Quality Control/Quality Assurance Assistant
WHO WE ARE
NADINE MERABI is Luxury Ready To Wear, unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Celebrating details in statement design and empowering those who wear and create our products.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine is a self-taught seamstress, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry. From the initial spark of inspiration to the very final stitch, our team ensures that every woman in MERABI looks and feels her finest. Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The successful candidate will work alongside the quality control and quality assurance teams contributing to driving the quality of the products that are delivered within the business and working closely with our suppliers ensuring they consistently meet our quality standards.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us at a stage where we are experiencing rapid growth. You’ll be part of an enthusiastic team supporting the operational development of the quality assurance department continually refining the current processes and procedures.
- Inspecting products delivered from external suppliers and ensuring our standards are met
- Ensuring the quality of all completed items is of a high standard at all times
- Decide the route for rejected products and process accordingly.
- Understanding of acceptable quality level (AQL) checking for faults and defects in garments
- Complete final quality check on all garments
- This role requires the person to have the ability to balance, bend, kneel, squat, reach with arms and stand for entire shift
- Pressing garments
- Spot cleaning of garments
- Experience of quality control within a textile/clothing environment would be advantageous
- To liaise with the Returns department to resolve any return’s queries, and feedback quality issues to supplier for improvement
- To report any recurring/quality issue trends to the Quality Manager.
- Communicating with the warehouse team when shipments arrive into the building in order to plan and prioritize styles that are launching or restocking
- Measuring garments against size specifications
- Use Google Sheets to log findings and other relevant information
- Raising with Garment Technology, Design,Product and seamstress teams to solve problems that arise during quality checks
- Communicating with factories if there is a problem with measurements or defects of a garment.
- Documenting quality checks through images or videos.
- Keeping an organized record of daily checks completed
- Creating a weekly quality check report of findings or problems.
- Communicating with the Client Care team, answering queries regarding measurements or faults with styles
An enthusiastic team player who loves working on premium products, is eager to learn and thinks outside the box. A person that is not afraid of working hard and possesses a creative mindset, willing to offer new ideas and concepts within this environment.
- At least 2 years experience in QC/QA or experience in a relevant discipline (i.e seamstress)
- Knowledge of Excel or Google Cells
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team - have a can do attitude
- Able to multitask and have a positive and flexible approach to working
- Be able to prioritize and work to tight deadlines
- Be able to communicate well
- Have an exceptional eye for detail
- Be computer literate
- Having an understanding of how a garment is constructed is advantageous
- Be adaptable
- Be Computer literate
- Be able to measure garments or willing to learn
OUR VALUES & BEHAVIOURS
We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run.
We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.