Manager, Web Design (remote)
Manager, Web Design (remote)
- 2901 28th St, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries to trade, innovate and grow. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organiser, with over 500 international events, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio (IMF)is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows and digital events such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING at MAGIC. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic opportunities will translate into stronger events for buyers and sellers and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised experiences, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
The Manager, Web Design is an individual contributor role that will be responsible for various aspects of website content for established websites to support the various Informa Markets Fashion brands.
This candidate will manage the evolution of the sites and aid in the design, development, maintenance, collection, and coordination of new website experiences and content. This person will be the subject matter expert (SME) when it comes to best practices for SEO, content engagement, conversions, and UX.
This candidate will develop target customer journeys with a focus on conversion. The web designer will provide creative input for and direction for website structure, design, and overall functionality.
This individual will coordinate with the core content owners from Customer Marketing, Content, Brand, PR, and others to align content and roles/responsibilities (process). Strong writing skills are required, as well as the ability to assist with general technical support within the department.
This is a fast-paced and dynamic position that requires an understanding of the Informa Markets Fashion brands, strength in cross-team collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, curiosity and understanding of our existing and target customers, and an interest in both paid digital and owned channel digital strategies, including strategy for owned web properties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Building website pages, manipulating images and maintaining content while ensuring that approvals and postings are completed within deadlines.
- The role will be required to format raw content materials into website-ready content, including some design and text editing.
- Own the plans for, and manage, the evolution and enhancement of the portfolio websites.
- Work cross-functional with content and marketing teams to expand and develop content and new features for the websites.
- Provide insights to the team with Analytics
- Utilize best practices for conversion and referrals across organic/owned channel initiatives; work with marketing, content, and marketing operations teams as needed to optimize landing pages, website pages, content, etc., for optimal engagement and conversion
- Create new website designs and layouts.
- Drive organic search best practices across all Informa Markets Fashion brands’ owned digital channels, with a focus on AEM websites.
- Build cross-browser-compatible pages for the websites.
- Update and maintain sites and correct errors.
- Generate ideas for marketing the site and expand its reach to as wide an audience as possible.
- Increase traffic to the site and gain a higher profile using SEO best practices and tactics
- Administer and maintain content/database.
- Help to define expectations for content and document processes
What you bring to the team:
- 2-5 years of experience with web design, content, marketing and administration/development
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field (or comparable professional experience)
- Experience with SEM, SEO strategies and tactics, metadata and tags
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Experience creating engaging wireframe and prototyping designs
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and moving quickly
- Knowledge of analytics tools and ability to distill and present insights from the data
- Knowledge of current web technologies and best practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adjust based on priorities
- Proven success working in matrixed organizations and influencing internal stakeholders, services, and platforms. Comfortable collaborating internally and externally
Additional Soft Skills
- Outstanding project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to take projects and run with them
- Problem-solving – You can identify roadblocks, determine fixes, and work in a team environment to implement the solutions to get to the end goal
- Out of the box thinking -- You are willing to challenge norms and come up with fresh ideas and approaches on reaching audiences and engaging our customers
- Interest in fashion and retail industries, fashion experience and understanding of industry a plus
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, and adaptable to changing situations and requirements
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.