NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
The Site Merchant Manager will be a key member of the Neiman Marcus eCommerce team in helping to define and deploy best-in-class luxury customer experiences for a specific category or categories. They will be responsible for executing a strategy that unites content and commerce in a way that engages customers and drives high converting shopping experiences.
This role requires high attention to detail, technical and analytical skills, excellent time management, the ability to problem solve and multitask, along with strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders. A successful Site Merchant will be proactive, highly analytical and data driven with an understanding of various online marketing principles and KPIs, as well as have a passion for product and market trends. The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
The Site Merchant Manager will collaborate with the buying, creative, marketing, category, content and analytics teams. They will manage and lead an Assistant Site Merchants and will foster a culture that focuses on professional development and growth.
- Own the site navigation experience as it relates to categorization, visual navigation, filters & facets, browse and search.
- Partner with business stakeholders such as Category Management to understand the key business drivers and opportunities for growth within the assigned category and develop an on-site strategy plan to drive sales, engagement and conversion.
- Champion with cross functional partnership to determine customer experience and conversion opportunities including browse and search algorithms, optimizing site content and product recommendations.
- Analyze and report on ecommerce KPIs and the performance of site content and features (page templates, site support, navigation methods, device penetration, etc.) and leverage data, insights and best practices to make content improvements and testing recommendations.
- Keep a pulse on competitive site experiences within the category (direct & indirect competitors) to understand how NM compares; make recommendations for improved site features/functions, browse capabilities, enriched content and/or customer discovery paths. Leverage learnings to influence the eCommerce product roadmap.
- Manage and develop Assistant Site Merchant to ensure team member is engaged, performing at the highest level, and is given the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Create a positive and collaborative work environment with cross-functional partners to allow for alignment and execution of strategies to exceed goals.
- Exhibit a clear understanding of traffic and conversion funnels and work to optimize accordingly.
- Oversee the web item setup process to ensure accurate and timely publication of products; collaborate effectively with buying offices to encourage prioritization of item setup and other operational requirements.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant retail experience. Ecommerce preferred.
- Strong experience in large scale enterprise organizations. Luxury retail preferred.
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, verbal and written.
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, organization, and professionalism.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and cross functional environment with a company first mindset.
- Proactive, self-motivated, passionate, and accountable. A self-starter approach with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- Strong analytical skills with hands-on experience using data analytics tools. Adobe Analytics experience preferred. Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office skills required.
- Experience leading small teams.
- Experience in an "ownership" position overseeing site content / visual merchandising with the goal of driving ecommerce KPIs is preferred.