Founded in London's Notting Hill in the 1980s, J&M Davidson blends British roots with a French design sensibility. Set up by photographer and designer duo John and Monique Davidson, its pieces quickly found favour with the duo’s creative intelligentsia friends and soon with the likes of Princess Diana and Jerry Hall who were among its earliest customers. Launching its line with a single leather belt, J&M Davison soon expanded into handbags and wallets, later adding a ready-to-wear line.
J&M Davidson's palettes often adopt muted tones, but also offer surprising flashes of colour and contrasting shades. Each piece is underpinned by exceptional quality, materials, and attention to detail, but is also designed to be effortless and easy to wear, in any context.
We are currently looking for an experienced Boutique Manager for a permanent, full-time vacancy.
The Boutique Manager oversees the general operation of the store, making sure it runs smoothly and efficiently. They must plan, monitor, and maximize retail budgets and product inventory, focusing on purchasing and sales, while serving as a positive role model to the retail team. Having a strong knowledge of fashion - along with an in depth understanding of current trends in luxury fashion – is imperative.
Controlling back-office activities:
- inventory and cash management
- planning management banking
- employee scheduling
Collaborating with operational functions:
- Validating reimbursements, discounts, and exchanges
- Working with the Operations Manager on customer repairs
- Validating stock transfers in the system
- Working with the eCommerce manager on fulfilment of online orders
- Participation in showroom purchasing
- Coordinating stock takes twice annually
- Maintaining contact with Grosvenor PR and Marketing team; attending meetings and sharing information regarding special events in store
- Managing the team:
- Coaching the sales executives
- Daily, weekly, and monthly meetings with retail team regarding
- Sales figures
- Best sellers/Slow sellers
- Stock knowledge Training
- Facilitating the annual review process and objective setting Participating in recruitment and employee onboarding Succession planning
- Support team in developing qualitative and quantitative KPIs
- Average basket
- Cross selling
- Product knowledge
Drawing up and analysing daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Detailed sales reports on goods and categories of goods sold
- Customer demographic breakdowns
Boosting sales through customer relationship management
- Monitoring customer experience to ensure high levels of satisfaction through continued excellent service
- Analysing customer purchasing behaviour
- Nurturing and maintaining relationships with customers
- Maintaining correspondence with customers over WhatsApp, including personalised messages regarding potential products of interest
- Inviting VIP customers to pre-sales events twice annually.
- Building our customer database
- Managing the look and feel of store through Visual Merchandising (VM)
- Work together with the external VM team to ensure the store always looks vibrant and interesting
- Conduct regular VM activities to maintain highest standards of product presentation, window displays and general ‘housekeeping’
Requirements for the role:
- A strong team leader with at least 3 years experience from store management
- 5 years experience from working in luxury retail
- Experience from working in an omnichannel environment
- Experience from working in Shoppify systems
- Experience from back office operations management
- Experience from reporting and creating guidelines
- Customer-focused and competent in building strong customer relationships
- Ability to really ‘own’ the store and make it a vibrant, interesting place for existing and new customers to visit time and again
- A strong leader with an interest in people and their growth
- Self-motivated, solution-oriented and hands-on
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Business and results-oriented with a strong commercial drive
- A strong visual eye and attention to detail
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings and weekends
The Mount Street boutique’s opening hours are 10:00 – 18:00 Mon – Sat, with late shopping (until 19:00) on Thursdays. It also plays host to a range of PR events and works collaboratively with Mount Street to feature pop up showings.