Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents
Product Developer - Collections and Collaborations
PURPOSE: You will be working on special projects and collaborations with external design partners. Working across both Menswear and Womenswear Apparel, and on multi product categories: Jersey / Knit / Woven.
- Key internal relationships with design team / tech team / planning and production team.
- Setting up product packages to send to the factories – including all style information: product description / colours / materials / trims.
- Approve lab dips and strike-offs, communicating comments to each factory.
- Sourcing fabrics and trims with the factories / fabric suppliers as per each designer’s request.
- Ensuring proto samples come in on time for fit meetings.
- Attending fit meetings with the garment tech to advise of any product details; updating the tech packs accordingly and communicating back to the factories in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring salesman samples come in on time for the photoshoot and quarterly sales exhibition.
- Working closely with the marketing team on the sales brochure for each quarter.
- 2 year minimum experience in the industry as a Product Development Assistant / Product Developer or similar role.
- Technical understanding of garment construction to support the product development process.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work well under pressure to quarterly deadlines.
- Positive and flexible team player, with confident communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook essential.
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.