Graphic Designer, Beauty
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Burberry requires an experienced, skilled and enthusiastic graphic designer with a keen interest in the field of print and packaging media.
This person will work across a broad and varied remit for Burberry Beauty including bespoke packaging briefs, print collateral, event and experience design as well as assisting on technical artworks and guidelines for global campaigns where creativity, consistency and quality are key.
The designer will work from researching concepts through to design and technical detailing for internal review as well as overseeing external production.
Reporting into the Senior Designer, this role will require a close working relationship with both the Creative Media Department's Beauty team to interpret and implement the Burberry Beauty design vision.
• Working as part of the Beauty team researching and developing concepts across multiple projects, creating bodies of work for internal and external approvals and creative discussion
• Partner with parallel teams in-house for project input from graphics, digital and art direction and architecture
• Liaise directly with graphic designers and art directors
• Make informed technical recommendations to designers and art directors
• Create guideline documents for advertising campaigns and wider projects
• Be involved in the communication of projects to licencee and third party agencies
• Strong and relevant experience in Graphic design and a background in luxury and/or beauty/fashion is preferable.
• Extremely organised with a focus on timely delivery and excellent communication skills
• Great understanding and experience of print and packaging processes, including prototyping and production
• An understanding of colour processes
• Proactive in identifying issues, exploring and proposing innovative solutions
• Be well informed and aware of current fashion and trends, always bringing fresh ideas
• Be self-motivated and highly organised to deliver consistently against agreed deadlines
• Will have the ability to prioritise and multi-task in a pressurised and fast paced environment, with strong attention to detail and perfectionist attitude
• Self-motivated, positive can-do attitude and forward thinking
• An extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
• Consistently produce a high level of creative in line with the Burberry Beauty brand
• Develop excellent working relationships with creatives and external stakeholders, while maintaining consistently high standards
• The ability to work on multiple briefs, at pace, in a pressurised environment
• Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with wider departments throughout Burberry and COTY
• Diplomatic resolution of challenge
• Timely delivery of creative, that meets the agreed brief
• Effective and productive relationship with both internal Burberry teams and licensee
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || WHOLESALE, FRANCHISE & LICENSING || NO DEPARTMENT - FDST9004 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert